Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

BlueBay
Senior Contributor

Recipes & Snacks

Hi everyone 😊

@Owlunar  @Shaz51 @Former-Member @oceangirl @outlander @CheerBear @Appleblossom @ali1 @Gazza75 @Meowmy @Flying_Hams @Ant7 @greenpea @frog  @eth  and others I haven’t mentioned 

I was just thinking that it would be good if we could share our recipes. 

Some healthy food and snacks. 

I run out of ideas every now a d then and would love it if we could share 

I will post one later on. 

116 REPLIES 116

Re: Recipes & Snacks

@BlueBay Good idea.

Not a recipe @Meowmy @BlueBay 

Smiley Embarassed

A new addiction

Smiley Embarassed

Dark choc bullets by Darryl Lea

Smiley Embarassed

Smiley LOL

Yes @Appleblossom  they’re amazing. Have you tried Darryl lea peanut brittle? And the dark choc raspberry balls?

It's a great idea @BlueBay , a good way to get know each other and bring us together.

I don't have many proven recipes, but, I will try and find my museli bar slice and share that.  

@Appleblossom, those choc bullets are so tempting. Once the packet is open I can't resist.

This recipie has been lost in time but I used to make it for the kiddies all the time during the winter months. Instead of putting it into a saucepan though I would put it into a baking dish and cook it in the oven for 30 mins on a slow heat..... the recipie for pea's rice pudding goes something like this:

1. Combine brown rice, milk, dried fruit, sugar,in a large saucepan. Bring to a simmer, stirring, over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently, until thick and creamy, about 25 minutes. Stir in vanilla. Cool, stirring occasionally. I am pretty sure there is an egg in there somewhere too...... Serve warm or cold. 🙂

@BlueBay
For a quick dessert snack:
Get puff pastry and apples.
Cut the apples in half and place them on the puff pastry. Cover with melted butter or egg wash. In over for 30mins on 200 degrees - 180 depending on your oven

Serve with ice cream. Eat. 😄

Sausage one pot wonder.
Get sausage and cook. Cut up and put to side.
Then cook up onion and garlic and other saute vegetables like celery or eggplant and then throw in a bunch of vegies and cook it up and add sausage to it too.
Serve with rice.

Add spices or similar for extra taste

great idea @BlueBay nothing comes to mind atm though
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.