Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Sturgeon
Senior Contributor

Re - Good Morning

Thanks for the inclusion - I'll say a 'brunch time's hello! @greenpea @soft_edges @TAB @Appleblossom @Helpmydad + a newbie @Namaste + anyone else.

It's really nice to see the banter, I really wish I had some of that in tangible presence - it just might break through the paralysis caused by waking dread & panic attack.

Does anyone else feel guilt / shame for being physically complete yet unable to use it? 

Apologies for the 'sink hole' 😳

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Re - Good Morning

@Sturgeon  hugs for you Sturgeon. I think we all get 'paralysis' from being unable to converse with others. It comes and it goes with me. I am way better online. In real life I suck big time .... oh well, I try. Have a great afternoon. greenpea xx

Hey again @Sturgeon, nice to hear from you. I definitely struggle to keep up socially - in groups, I can never find the right time to pitch in, and then online, I never feel like I have enough to say! At least there is time to work out a response here though. I hope you’re well xo

Bummer must start all again, thanx greenpea for chirpy, I guess I must suck at it also else I wouldn't be so on the outer, for me tech is draining constantly challenged in catching up as well I truly am & always have been people person - i'v attracted too much scumbags but people & interactiveness for me is like everything plants need to grow, bloom, produce, seed and sown again Mmm bit d+m have a great arvo 💖

@Sturgeon Today I had another one of my stuck for words moments... irl ... sociallising ... I did not let it totally floor me ... as it used to do.  Online banter is helping me practise irl.

Better be real, than always the funny man.

That way something may grow in the sinkhole.Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.