Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Gretel
New Contributor

Ideas for inexpensive activities to help mood

Does anyone know of any cheap activities where groups of people meet that I can join in order to lighten my mmod and distract myself from my sadness and loneliness? Preferably something that isn't sedentary and not too far away from the Hills District of Sydney. I go to dance but my foot is injured and it is only on twice a week so I need more to do. I wanted to do archery but it is SO expensive

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Ideas for inexpensive activities to help mood

Hi @Gretel and welcome to the forum 🙂 Very cool to hear you're looking to join in some kind of activity to meet people and improve your mood. Archery sounds so fun! It's a shame it's so expensive

Because of the guideline of anonymity we can't share specifics of groups or locations on the forum. Others might come by to share what kinds of groups and activities they've found helpgul and enjoyable and how they've found them though.

Have you checked out your local community centres or council website? Where I am there are a number of activities and groups offered to the community that are often free or low cost. 

Good luck with your search and hope you find something that's a good fit for you 🙂

Hi @Gretel I go to a walking group.

Hi @Gretel , I would check in with different local libraries, they often run a whole range of activities throughout the week.  Also check the notice boards at shopping centres for local groups and activities.  🙂

the library is a good place to meet and talk to people. volunteer in something. take up a hobby. second hand shops are interesting places and very handy to know their whereabouts if you are hard up,can get very good s/h clothing house hold goods meet people who want to talk,informative. grow a small garden in pots. get a pet. @jay2

Do you have a dog at all? I find going on a daily walk with my dog helps alot

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.