Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

@Ali11, I've read the prelude, and a few of the travellers stories. "Whan April with hes shoures soute the droght of March have perced to the roote...then longen folkes to go on pilgimage."

Translated, "Hey, the weather's finally warmed up! Anyone for a road trip?" 😄

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Smc

Original = ???

Translation = 👍

Love it @Smc! You could rewrite it for ye modern times! Smiley Wink

@Ali11, yeah but ye olde English is fun to read. 🙂 For me, anyway. I enjoy languages, and the older versions of English show where our own has come from. English is crazily mixed up compared to a lot of languages. For some reason, everyone seemed to want to invade that rainy little country. 😛 I can guarantee, in this one post, there will be words from Greek, Latin and Middle English (Continental French-ish), and probably others too. Saxon, Norman, Germanic, who knows??

That is so true @Smc, they say that English is the hardest language to learn, do you agree?

@Ali11, it's probably true. It's a very inconsistent language, and very obvious when someone gets it "wrong".

@Smc whenever someone is learning English I think of how tricky those little sayings are, like "I deserted my dessert in the desert", or "We wear our wares to the weir, where we were last week", "Here is the heir's hair". But learning about verbs in any of the romance languages is tough too, or the tones in Cantonese, over 50,000 kanji in Japanese and over 85,000 in Chinese. Languages are fascinating. It'd be incredible to speak four or five languages.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Seeing as it is election day I thought it appropriate to put on a sausage sizzle and cake stall for lunch 😀.images (5).jpeg

images (7).jpeg

images (4).jpeg

I was thankful for your reminded re voting this morning @Former-Member  it had completely slipped my mind first up.

When we went to vote I thought I was going to have to give a lesson on how alphabetical sorting as the lady could not find our name lol. Needed a coffee when we got home to calm the nerves lol. She worked it out jsuta s she was going to get help.  

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Determined 

This made our local news. 

images (9).jpeg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.