Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Exo's Exposé

@Mazarita 💖💖💖

Hello Mazy @Mazarita ,

The messages from my grand daughter seemed to have stopped, but it was wonderful to know she had thought of me, as it's been a few years I think. I've gotten really used to it being quiet, particularly at night - any noise & I can't sleep. I think that's why I have trouble while I'm away, I'm very lucky where I live because most places never actually get quiet. It's the same with light.

I am enjoying the game & as far as I can tell there are no scores - another bonus to it 😉

I hope the physio loosens you up & helps you move, I know if I don't do the little exercises given to me after the op, I notice it very quickly. Now yoga is something I've never tried! I reckon that could loosen up the thought & emotional processes as well as the muscles in the body! Acupuncture is another one I've never done, though I used to do something similar when I was younger, there was a spot on my knee I could put a pin in the whole way - don't think I got any therapeutic value from it,
just a part of my thought & emotional problems back then. So glad to hear your getting some relief, I think the amount of time you feel that will lengthen as you continue. That extra session, walking in nature, might just be the most beneficial of all 🙂 & that feeling of optimism for the future . . . there isn't anything more healthy than that Heart

Lots of love to you Heart
Exo

Hello @Exoplanet and all others here

Always a lovely feeling when another reaches out to you unexpectedly.

The new game that you described sounds like life in a less interesting way.

Your description reminds me of how I would think as a child.

Also how I still think at times out in the garden.

The surviving part getting through the day distracting myself from "throw up".

A new way of dealing with annoying emotional pain.

I am so sorry that I cannot be with you as often as I used to.

Apart from change in family member circumstances being so worrying, the blasted computer is playing up.

Husband has been rebuilding it for weeks.

Remnants of his efforts all over the dining room table, right in front of the sliding doors. living room coffee table.

Working today!

Stay safe and I hope that the rising waters start to settle soon.

love Sophia

Hi @Exoplanet Heart Smiley Happy

The quiet and brilliant night sky where you are sounds so wonderful. Yes it is lucky. Few people these days get to experience that freedom from light and sound pollution.

I tagged you on a post in The Long Rave, ongoing talk about my daily life with the suddenly greater support I have with ndis. Overall I am so happy to be receiving this generous support and it makes me feel gratitude for being Australian. There are some health glitches from going too hard, especially with yoga. They will be ironed out as we go along. Smiley Happy

Not much else to talk about today. Just wanted to send a message to you really, with love. Heart

BirdMoon.jpg

Hello Mazy @Mazarita  Heart

I read your post on long rave, your reaction to the yoga seems pretty huge to me, I'm sure you'll work it out though Heart I had a huge day a couple of days ago, I went into the city & met up with my Sister for coffee, before I left to go I noticed my closed shoes were pretty shabby, so after coffee she took me to a few chemists to look for new ones. I was thinking of a particular brand, I have to have ones with supportive souls - but I like them to be soft too. There didn't seem to be any closed ones, they all seemed to be scuffs or thongs . . . not very practical for the coming winter. I eventually found what I think may have been the last pair of closed shoes in stock, at one of those giant chemist places. . . & they were on special 😄 😄 We both had a win at finding little shops that we didn't know where there, my Sister found one full of artificial flowers & I found a vape shop! After all that shopping & saying goodbye to my Sister, I then went & did my grocery shopping! I go to Aldi's & then pop over to a neighbouring grocery store to grab the bits & bobs that Aldi's doesn't have {including some smokes} . . . my feet were throbbing, I'd worn some sandals that I've only worn a couple of times, they also rubbed the skin off my big toe. By the time I got back to my little town, where I get fresh meat & veggies . . . I was cranky exhausted & sore; but it was a good day & really helpful to get the extras. I bought a bunch of treats for me & the puppies to take away with us in June when we go to a holiday house that's on the water front 🙂 I'm so looking forward to that 😄 This was the first fortnight, of what I think will be a few, where I didn't put any extra on the loan. I have repayed about 3 grand in about 6 months - so not too bad. I need to put aside enough to pay the other half of the holiday house fee & I want at least a hundred put aside for fuel. Other than that, I'm not foreseeing any financial needs for our holiday. I'm planning to do a lot of sitting on the front veranda looking out over the water & fair bit of walking along the beach {it's not a golden sands type of beach, but when the tide goes out I'm hoping it'll make for a great walking path!}. Being obsessively 'broke' is quite restrictive & boring, though with this being the largest debt I've ever been in myself, I also think it's necessary. But when I chose to take this loan, I also chose to continue my trips away as it is also the longest time frame of debt I've ever been in. Apart from winter, my trips are camping which is much cheaper; but I've gotten to a point in my life where I'm very aware of my health issues & if there's any way I can afford the extra luxury of a roof over my head during my Winter trip . . . I'm gonna do it 😉 

Well, I seems to be raving in circles 😉 Lots of love to you Heart Enjoy your walks in nature HeartHeartHeart

@Sophia1  @Zoe7  @Appleblossom  @Shaz51  & love to all that need or want it Heart

@Exoplanet I admire your camping, used to do a lot, but not anymore.  

Good closed shoes and a holiday with roof over your head in winter ... Absolutley!

Heart

Smiley Happy

I've had the fire on the past couple of nights, although it hasn't been really really cold, it's been going under 5 through the wee hours of the night & the lining of my nasal passages don't like that much; so I end up sleeping with just a sheet (it's a flannel one). The puppies are still adjusting to my closing the back door, I pay for the heavy cut wood & I'm not wasting it by letting the warm out that door! It's actually been the little fella that's woken me with a yap each morning - but waaaaay to early for me to get up, instead I grumble & roll back over; I don't actually go back to sleep, but simply enjoy laying in the warm. I haven't come across any puddles yet, we do do this every year & I do make sure both of them actually go outside before we go to bed {which is a real sign for them I think, winter is coming & we'll be doing this more & more 😉 ). I so love this time of year, it doesn't last anywhere near long enough, but I've got to say, it's seems to be starting much earlier than previous years. Not that I'm complaining, just hoping the wood I have from last year lasts until after my trip away as it's not exactly cheap to buy. 

Love to all that need or want it ❤️

@Mazarita  @Appleblossom  @Zoe7  @Sophia1  @Shaz51  @outlander 

I fully understand both the puppy and warmth things @Exoplanet Tobes goes out before bed and then (usually) doesn't need to go out again until after his breakfast. Both cats have their own trays so they do not need to go out at all. Cat still likes to lay in the sun when I am home (and there is sun) but is spending more time on her chair near the heater now the temps have dropped.

I have a wood fireplace I have never used as I also have a heat pump and that heats the house really well ...and turns off when the set temp is reached - so it is a nice constant temp inside.

When are you heading out for another trip?

Hello @Zoe7  🙂

I'm heading off to a holiday house with absolute water frontage early June . . . and really looking forward to it. A hot water pump throughout the house! it must get really really really cold where your at!!! I don't think I could have a firebox & not use it 🙂 But I don't know cold, not real cold, I've always wanted to go somewhere & experience it - though I'm sure I'd grumble & complain & probably not really like it - I'd still like to know what it's like 😉 I have seen & touched snow & learnt that after numb comes hurt, but, it may sound strange, it didn't seem that cold. I was camping & you weren't allowed to camp at the top of the mountain, I don't think we were even half-way, it was quite a drive to where the snow was & I was told it wasn't a good fall, it was very sludgy & muddy! - plus this was many years ago & I was full of liquid warmth . . . maybe I wasted my only chance to really experience what cold was. I am getting old enough to realize I'm probably very lucky, it's enough to deal with the higher heat temperatures that happen in my area 😉 

Hope you Toby & your cat, are all doing well ❤️ 

Lots of love to you, & all that need or want it ❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.