Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery Club

Hyperballad
Senior Contributor

Back again

Well, it's been a very bumpy past month or so as I left my job that was doing everything but good for my mental health and started a new role. I had a few very scary moments amongst it all - the why is a long story related to the complex arrangements for my transition out  and into new situation - and that has meant I now have a peer support  worker to meet with in-person for the next few months (they're nice). SI has been on the radar. In amongst it all, I reached out to my brother. He'd never seen me like that before and it was maybe the first time I'd been completely vulnerable and honest with him about my experience with anxiety and how it can impact my life. I am on their radar - his wife has been lovely and we now have a channel of communication.

I'm a week into the new role. A little nervous about expectations and still recovering from the 'trauma' of the past several months of the last job. I'm hoping I come through this ok. But I made the right decision and a decision that prioritised my health. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Back again

Hey @Hyperballad k

Great to hear from you. I'm glad you were able to prioritise your health. There is only one of you. Work will always be there.

Have you been able to do anything to focus on your MH?

MJG017
Senior Contributor

Re: Back again

Hi @Hyperballad.  The best of luck with your new role.  Its great that you have reached out to your brother.  I don't imagine that was easy at all.  It's so great you now have him and his wife to help and support you.  At the very least you know you can talk to them and be open and honest with them in the future.  It all sounds like a big step forward for you, so really well done!  Hopefully it's only upward now for you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.