Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: not feeling good

Morning all @Maggie @Former-Member @outlander @outlander @Faith-and-Hope @Owlunar @Shaz51 @Angels333 @Molliex @MDT and ithers 

to be honest with you all I never know who to  tag. If you don't want to be tagged pls let me know. No offence taken it's just I don't want to bother anyone with my whinging ranting story all the time. 

I feel sometimes I need to get my head out of my own post. I struggle keeping up eith everyone's post. It's really hard. I'm sorry. 

last night was an uncomfortable night. I went to bed and had this huge fear over me. I stsrted yo cry   Csnt really wirk our why. 
thdn I had a terrible dream of an old man trying to kidnap me. He kept holding me tight. I did manage to get awsy. What a dream. 

Not much on today. It's raining here and cold. If it stops raining I might go fir a walk but will rug up. 

little A is entertaining me with her little toy I bought her yesterday. I bought her a tiny "Woody" from toy story movie. She loves the movie. So now Woody goes with her everywhere. She talks to him. So cute to watch. 

hope everyone has a nice day. ❤️❤️❤️

@BlueBay   Please tag me. I don’t always have much to offer but support, letting you know I hear you, and sending some 💙💙💙

I hope your walk is pleasant today, I know little A will be her adorable self, with Woody.

Sitting with you @BlueBay

And yes please tag me @BlueBay

No problems being tagged my friend
Former-Member
Not applicable

Good morning @BlueBay 🤗💕

Firstly, please continue to tag me ... I appreciate that you do so.  

I'm so glad that you have LIttle A, and that she continues to bring so much light and love into your life.  She is a real treasure, such a bright little button too.  I can just imagine her with her new Woody toy story toy  .... cute indeed.

I hope you are enjoying your time at home this week, and not having to work. A good thing, in the lead up to your carpal tunnel surgery next week.  Is the sore throat and tonsils on the improve now?  

I hope your day is restful and enjoyable, and also that the rain stops long enough to get in a good walk.  Rugged up well to ward off any risk of setbacks with throat and tonsils.

Sending love and hugs your way.

Sherry 🌺

Hi @BlueBay 

There's no need to worry about tagging people - if people want to read anyone's posts - then they will - if they don't - then they won't

I have always read your posts - tagged or not - you are not bothering anyone

You have enough happening in your life right now and then add COVID-19 which is bothering everyone somewhere in their lives - you are facing an operation - not pleasant - I am a nervous wreck before having anything done - aw - sheesh - I hear you - 

It would be good if you could stop worrying - worry doesn't change anything - there are things we need to be aware of and sometimes just sit out - and you are living in The Crowded House right now - no peace and quiet. But I'm glad you shut yourself in your son's room the other day and had time out for yourself - that was a good idea.

If one day at a time is too much - try one hour at a time - maybe twenty minutes at a time - my worst time I took it twenty minutes at a time but we can make it one minute at a time - 

I know you are a worrier but that is something you can change - and really need to change - it's something to bring up with your therapist when you see her - the chances are you can't change the things you are worried about but you can't change them by worrying about them - 

When are you hopefully having the Carpel Tunnel operation?

Dec

Thanks @MDT @Former-Member @Owlunar @Maggie 

I'm very lucky to have my dsughter with me. And of course littke A. She lights up my dark times eith her smiles, her innocent curiousity and her questions she asks. You know when I'm asleep next to her or when she runs to me yo pick her up - I feel like she is mine. I feel so close up her it's amazing. We have this bond. Of course I don't interfere with my D raising her or disciplining her. A needs to listen to her mum and most times she does. She's a very smart little cookie 😊

surgery is booked for Tuesday. I have to go in tomorrow to bring paperwork. I'm nervous. I'm not looking forward thst I csnt do anything with my hand fir a few weeks. That's going to be hard. 

I know I'm such a worrier all my life. I will speak to my therapist about  this. 
I get very self conscious thst people on here don't like me ir my post. I know it's my negative thinking. I need to stop this too. 

You're okay @BlueBay 

If the moderators allow that your posts are within the guidelines then there is no need to worry yourself about what other people like or dislike - feel anyway at all about things - that isn't your business

The forums are here for people to vent about their stress and share their journey - I have shared your journey for well over four years ago and although there was a time when I needed time out for my own reasons - I still read your posts all the time - always concerned for you - 

It's true that you share a lot about your life that other people might not - I don't read very many people's posts - I feel it's better for the time I hava available to stick to a few people and then some people I feel I have something I can offer to help because of my own experience

Your sharing your life has helped me so much to understand my son and how boxed in with life he must have felt - 

Just keep on being yourself - after all - who else can you be

Dec

I empathise too @BlueBay
I feel that way about my own posts. Lately in particular though.

You know hearing you speak about A - makes me appreciate my grandparents. I miss them. Haven't seen them since March. Hopefully soon we can visit. I enjoy catching up with them on the phone too.

You are a great forumite BlueBay. Never forget it.

@BlueBay  Tuesday isn’t far off. I hope once it’s healed ,you are pain free, in your wrists at least.

Little A sounds delightful. She obviously thinks the same of you. Enjoy her, she will grow up fast.

I understand well the thoughts of feeling unliked. For what it’s worth @BlueBay  I like you.💙💙💙💙

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.