Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

selina
Casual Contributor

loneliness

Hello I suffer from a serious mental illness which makes me afraid to go out and enjoy my life. I hiberate at home. I feel as if im being excluded from society and im very sensative.

24 REPLIES 24

Re: loneliness

Hi Selina, 

Welcome to the forums. Nice to meet you. Smiley Happy

I'm glad that you have shared a bit about yourself with us. It can be pretty nerve racking introducing yourself to strangers. I think it takes courage and strength to make post. 🙂 Do you live with others? Got pets? 

Hello . It is hard to talk about your private problems online. My oldest daughter is a social worker who recommeded this site. I live with my youngest son who is 17 but he is living his own life and not around much.

I have pets. Two chooks and i like to garden. I have recently secured employment but don't know how I will go with it feeling down a lot of the time. 

Hi Selina,

It's great that you're writing on her despite finding it hard to talk about your issues online. Thank you.

Sounds like your garden is a peaceful place for you. Do you get out there often? And do you have a counsellor?

CB

Tay
Senior Contributor

Hi Selina, my first post - just wanted to say you're not alone. Welcome to SANE forums.

HI Tay.It's nice that you seem to understand the lonliness. Thanks

NikNik
Senior Contributor

Hi Selina,

Welcome to the Forums. I understand how daunting it can be posting your first post. I hope it gets easier as you continue on.

I hope that you can feel a bit more included here in the forums.

It would be great to hear more about you.

Have you checked out some other discussions in the forums you could get involved in?

There's a great discussion where people share a bit about themselves. You can find it here

It's a place you read a bit more about the members here in the forums - and share a bit about yourself if you feel comfortable.

Again, welcome 🙂

Loneliness is hard to live with, especially when fragile but it does reduce over time. As we become more involved with others, the less lonely we feel..and there are many people who are "well" but are also extremely lonely, often in a relationship. For some reason, knowing when I was lonely that I wasn't alone in feeling lonely made it easier to cope with...
Denv12
Senior Contributor

Hi Selina.I'm Chris.

Welcome.You'll find people here who are in a similar situation to you.I'm in the same situation as you so I know how you feel.

It helps if you can join forums like this one.I joined several.There are plenty of forums for anxiety,metal health,agoraphobia,etc.You can join as many as you want.There are some big forums out there too.

We had the internet to give us the link to the outside world.You can find other things you need like groups,forums,etc.

Regards Chris.

Thanks Chris. It is hard for me to talk about my experiences online but as you mentioned, it helps to go online and seek out others who may be experiencing the same feeling as y0u. I don't lknow what it is; I had plenty of friends in my twenties when my children were young. Now im older it seems harder to meet people and make new friends. Im so glad there is somewhere you can go and reach out to other people. I thought I was weird for experiencing the lonliness but it seems Im not alone, so thank you for your input.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.