Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Ups and Downs of Husband`s Mental Illness

Oh dear @Shaz51  ... Your poor Mum, re the fall. It will add to her feelings of vulnerability. Good to hear they are keeping her in hospital tonight. For observation, if nothing else.

Try not to worry Shaz, its a major transition for her. And be content knowing that you have put as many safeguards in place for her as possible. Give yourself a break. Not only do you need a break, you so very much deserve it.

Sherry 😇💕💕

@Shaz51 💖

@Shaz51 wrote:

very good point @Smc 

@Appleblossom, @Owlunar , @Faith-and-Hope , @Former-Member 

mum had a fall today and bump her head , so they are keeping her in hospital overnight

awwwwwww

Aw @Shaz51 

That's not good - you Mum is very vulnerable now and I am glad they kept her in hospital overnight - for her own sake she needs observation - poor sweet old lady - she is getting past it and perhaps we will all get there one day unless the inevitable gets us first

She might want to do things for herself but she has just had a hip replacement - and that's a big deal - perhaps with all this transitional care she will see another way rather than doing too much herself then wanting you to do it 

I do understand - my mother went through this with her mother - it was a really tough time and my sort of collapsed when Gran finally went into a nursing home - we do have to consider more than just one person's desires here

I really care - this is me being protective again - and being in an older age bracket myself I understand your Mum too

Love from your second Mum

Dec:Heart

@Shaz51 

Thinking of you.

How did Mr Shaz go at appt?

Ohhhhh @Former-Member , @Owlunar , @outlander , @Former-Member , @Appleblossom , @Faith-and-Hope 

mum is back home again this afternoon

she is happy to be home again , she has a meals on wheels meal tonight xxxx

Ohhhh Mr shaz got the appt time mixed up , then I had to go for mum who had a fall , I meet the ambulance

10 minutes later mr shaz turnes up and says he he not doing weekly trepary , and he is doing ok except for the weight gain

@Former-Member, @Owlunar 

I had to leave mr haz with his MI appt a mum had a fall and i went to meet the ambulance and mum to go to the hospital xx

oopppps mking mistakes for friday @Former-Member  Smiley Sad

Is this a further fall @Shaz51 ?

yes @Former-Member , mum is back home again tonight after falling yesterday

mr shaz has cancelled all MI therpary and everything else Smiley Sad

Thinking I am getting days mixed up and that the fall/appt yesterday @Shaz51.

Yikes ... Mr Shaz cancelling help ... no surprise  ... Mr Darcy has had mixed experiences with therapists, he is waiting for an appt with a new one.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.