Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Ups and Downs of Husband`s Mental Illness

thank s @Former-Member, @Janiee, you are awesome too HeartHeart

he explained that everyone kidney level goes down , so by the time you are 70 you should only have a level of 24% of your kidneys working

but me at 54 and have only one kidney working at 24 % that means by the time i am about 70 I should have no kidney working

yes Mr shaz has made 2 photo books so far with photos he has taken over the years @Former-Member

he has lost a little bit of interest in photography at the moment like @Jacques

love to see them get back into their hobbies xx

Hopefully you can arrest the kidney decline a little with the special diet you are following. 

Mr D finding things boring at moment but he doesn't know what he wants to do @Shaz51

Hi @Shaz51 and @Former-Member im so sorry your partners are struggling at the moment, i know how easy it is to slip itno anxiety and depression, it always seems to catch you off guard, maybe your partners can make some new years promises to find little things to enjoy, something each day. nothing big, maybe a smile, a hug, a shave. just something to be kind to themselves?

just a thought, hugs to you both, you are amazing partners and your partners are lucky to have you both

Jacques

when mr shaz is like that he goes into slack mode about eveything even work ,  and anything I suggestion , he says naa @Former-Member

so keep encouraging him xx

sooo lovely to see you here @Jacques , and thank you my friend , it does sometimes catch me off guard

I've decided I'm done adulting and that also means I'm not getting older lol. My brain still tells me I can do things, but my body isn't so willing lol. My hubby is so fit, I really dunno why he's with me, I think its my love of cheese...and chocolate...😉

Lets hope your diet can do some good, its amazing what the body can fix or at least slow down with the right tools @Shaz51 xx

@Janiee, I have an appt with my dietician on frieday so I have sent her an email this afternoon , so it will be interesting to see what she says

My brain still tells me I can do things, but my body isn't so willing -- very true xx

Also, don't judge me, but due to my new no adulting decision, I had pancakes for tea 😋 lol.

I'm sure the dietician will be very great, there's so many fantastic recipes out there now and so many different foods in the supermarket now too, makes it easy to get ingredients. Probably won't recommend pancakes though lol @Shaz51

pancakes yummmm @Janiee, I will join you xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.