Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Ups and Downs of Husband`s Mental Illness

yes He has to lift his arm upusing his other arm  and it goes clunk @Former-Member so fingers crossed for tomorrow

How did you manage with work @Shaz51

ohh Mr shaz has still been working mostly one handed @Former-Member and using the other one through pain , that is why I know the shoulder  is not broken BUT it is not getting better and today he was driving with one hand

Yikes @Shaz51

I know @Former-Member, he is driving me crazy , I did not sleep well last night , arrgggg

The twin would press on stubbornly too @Shaz51

(A fracture not out the question) 

The twin would press on stubbornly too-- ammm I was wondering about that too my @Former-Member, ohhhh dear

My dear @Shaz51.  So sorry the trip to the hospital ended up being a waste of time.  Your Mr Shaz sounds like my Mr Sherry ... no patience at all when it comes to having to wait!  He has up and walked out of his GP office in the past, because he refuses to wait.  

Well I hope the visit to the Dr tomorrow resolves something about his shoulder.  It doesnt sound too good, very painful.  From what you have said, it sounds more likely to be tendon damage, given he is unable to lift his arm.  I had a torn tendon in my shoulder a few years back ... it was so painful, and I could not move the arm at all.  I had to wear a sling to try to give some relief.  But sleeping was impossible without incredible amounts of pain.  After suffering and not seeking attention for it, I ended up seeing my GP because after a month it was not improving.  He gave me a cortisone shot in the shoulder.  Fixed it up quick smart, and that enabled some physio to be done as well to help free things up and strengthen it up a bit.  Because I did not do anything about it sooner, my injury turned into a frozen shoulder.  I would not recommend that and it took a lot of physio to get it right.  I am still somewhat restricted in my shoulder, even now.  So its a good thing you are getting it checked out now.  Of course it could be something else entirely ... but its best to know.  While you're at the Drs tomorrow, you will remember to mention about the fact that Mr Shaz has now had 2 falls in the space of a few days, wont you?

Good to hear your Mum is doing reasonably well at home, after being released from hospital a week ago.

I really hope you dont have an infection, but if you do ... I expect antibiotics will clear it up quickly.

Sherry Heart

Thinking especially of you this morning @Shaz51.  

Hello @Former-Member, @Former-Member, @Determined, @Jacques, @Owlunar, @outlander, @Adge, @Faith-and-Hope

we just got home -- we brought half the chemist this morning Smiley LOL

me -- I have an infection , on ab`s now , next week have to have more blood test and other tests as my kidney has gone down to 21% and other things are up

Mr shaz has to have an xray next week , the doctor has put him on pain relief and other meds , have to see what the xray says

and then he asked mr shaz about his MI meds and when his last checkup was -- 3 and a half years ago -- the doctor said he needs another checkup so he is going to read up on mr shaz`s past history , so got another appointment marked in

dropped in to see how my mum was this morning

feeling a bit tired and awwwww , I thought I was going ok

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.