Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Trying to stay Sane

Oh @Snowie, @Eve7  thank you! 🙏🙏💞💞

Hello dear @Anastasia ... love the name too by the way.  💓😊

I am sorry for your heartbreak around what happened to your Boy, and also for your tears for him. I am happy to pray on you and your Boys behalf.  Who knows, a new recruit may get some favours? 🙏  Will to try anyway.

That is mostly good news around your Dad and no further spread of the cancer.  More enlarged lymph nodes ... not great news.  Lymph nodes are filters in the bodys system, and is where infections are fought off.  Enlarged nodes indicate he is fighting an infection ... given his history, likely the cancer.  The lymph nodes are trying to do their job in filtering out the bad stuff.  So your Dad's body is fighting his cancer.  Further scans in 2 months ... it will be really hard waiting for that.

The chocolates look very decadent indeed.  I hope they taste as good as they look!  I'm guessing they are all different flavours.  Opportune timing I guess ... with your Boy in hospital, your Dad getting scan news yesterday ... and Easter only days away.  If there are any salted caramel, coffee or baileys flavours in there ... save one for me.  You say you have one friend who is special to you.  I'm glad you have someone you can turn to in your real life.  And I expect he/she would consider themselves very lucky to have you as a friend.  Its clear they value you and want to show their appreciation and love for you.  This does not surprise me in the least ... you are a special person ... which is obvious from your many interactions here on the forums.

Thanks for asking .. yes I am doing okay thank you.  I have been very remiss and need to update my thread.  I have many posts there that I am yet to respond to.  I need to get off my bum and do it. 

You may not have been here recently as much as you normally would be.  With your boy in hospital, your Dads appointments and daily work commitments ... I'm flabbergasted you manage to find the time to be here at all.  You really are one amazing lady.  The old proverb is no doubt true ... if you want something done ... ask a busy person.  I want to reassure you that you have been supportive, even if you dont feel you have.  You are a very hard task master I think.  Probably others are similar to me ... whenever I see your profile picture I think of you and get a warm smile on my face just knowing you're around.  That is enough.

So I will say good night my friend.  And also to @Eve7 @Snowie @WIP @NatureLover @Peri @Bow 

Sleep well all.

Emelia 

Image result for good night my friends

I haven't read your message, but thank goodness you're here 🙏💕💞🙏💕💞

I love you 💖

@Emelia8 

@Anastasia 💜💕

@Anastasia  thanks for the update...that's relatively good news about your Dad's cancer. I'm sorry however about your heartbreak regarding your boy. I hope that situation he's in eases...

I can't see the photo of the choclates for some reason, but happy that you got them 🙂

Good morning @Anastasia 💖😄

Hope you are okay, and your boy too. In hospital over Easter is hard. Wondering if your boy has his recently completed sleep study results back yet? Must be soon.

Hi @NatureLover 🌷🌻  Yes I notice the pic of the chocs has now disappeared. They were there last night. Maybe they are all gone already? Which means you have missed out. 😔  How are you, and are you working today? Im guessing you will have Monday off work, being a public holiday.

Emelia 💞

Yes @Emelia8 there happens to be a salted caramel, coffee and Bailey's flavours! Three of my favourites funny enough! The Bailey's one literally transported me to heaven 😆  @NatureLover here's a pic, which really doesn't do them justice. They are polished high gloss, really way too pretty to eat but then when you do they are difficult not to lol. 

Happy day to everyone, it's my last day for a few days and oh boy do I need it. No plans just take each day as it comes. Hugs to you all xxxScreenshot_2021-03-31-23-06-09-27.jpg

Haha @Emelia8 , you ate all the chocs between you! Yes, work today and also on Monday. Work helps keep me sane. Here are some and hot cross buns for you and @Anastasia  and anyone else here... Hoping you are doing OK @Emelia8  💜

Oh wow @Anastasia , those chocs are a work of art!!! 😮

Hoping your day at work goes well, not too stressful...sending 💚

Morning @Emelia8 @NatureLover @Anastasia

Hoping there is something good in your days 💚
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.