Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

@Eve7  It’s like another life to me also.

We’ve met on other threads, but not spoken. Welcome to the forums.

@CheerBear  Leaving a warm coffee for when you greet this big day. No need to respond, you will have zillions of things on your mind. I will be thinking of you. Remember to spot the kettle when you arrive.

@Eve7 @Former-Member @Appleblossom @Faith-and-Hope @TheVorticon @Sans911 @outlander  and anyone passing through. 👋💙

87587490-940F-4F51-AA97-70FE8887687D.jpeg

Morning everyone 👋

How's your cup going @Maggie? @Sans911, @Former-Member and any other early birds up for one?

Thanks for your thoughts @Maggie. I'm unsettled but hopefully that will pass.

How was your yesterday?

I have a couple of pics fron our walk to post once coffee works 🙂

Nice to see you @CheerBear . Unexpected, as it’s a very big day?

How are you feeling?

Yesterday was a day I tried to do a few things, but nothing worked out.

I've had a very tossy turny night @Maggie. I was up when your message came through a couple of hours ago but decided to try and stay in bed as the time started with T. I slept a little more but on and off. I'm very self doubty today. Very very 🙁 I think and hope that I'll find my OK place and have a plan for this morning that should help me get off to a good start 🤞👍

That's a bit frustrating when things don't work out. What was behind that happening, if you feel like sharing? Inside or outside stuff, or a combo maybe?

How's your day looking today?

I did wonder if your night would be a tossy Turny night. It’s all normal . Knowing you have a supportive team is comforting @CheerBear  a few coffees, and your engine might slow down. 💜💜

The frustrations are the internal system. Counsellor and I have a few things to clear up. Communication breakdown. Unfortunately, she speaks to an audience, not just one, so understanding gets tricky and twisted.

Cleaning help today? I need that. 😁😁😁

Here's a couple of pics from our walk

202614.jpg

Finding new life on trees that were destroyed in fires always makes me feel good 

202042.jpg

I love this one and spent ages looking at it. The glassy looking top of it and the way it camouflages so perfectly 😍

2726.jpg

I swear I could see fairies dancing around this one 😉😁

2020028.jpg

I have no idea how this one is still standing so tall and balancing on that one, thin part especially with some of the wind that happens there. It must be incredibly strong, even in its brokenness. 

It was such a cool walk 😊

I will have to do a feral tradie hour servo run to get more coffee into me this morning @Maggie 😏. At least I don't have kids here to think about and work around.

I am imagining the audience counsellor speaks with would be very hard for you to be in the centre of (if that's the kind of audience I think you're talking about). Very easy to have miscommunication and misunderstanding happen. That can bubble and twist around if it isn't cleared up. I replay conversations a lot. Wishing I could change what I've said or ask more questions about what others might have said. When will you speak with her again.

Yay for cleaning help today! I hope that feels OK.

I have funky hair colour again. It was looking very dull and sad so it feels good to have a pop on the top again.

What colour hair @CheerBear  👍👍👍👍 A bit of head confidence.

Oh no, out of milk. Ours opens at 7 am, so thinking yours might be the same. Still a wait. 

Yes @CheerBear  the audience I’m in the centre of. One has already sent counsellor an email and received a reply. It will need face to face sorting, so Friday could be another tricky. Single is looking good atm, though I have no experience there.

You will be missing the crew, even though this is a better option. @CheerBear .

Neon colour @Maggie 😁 It does feel a bit like confidence purely because I have to be confident to have hair like it, if that makes sense. You can't not stand out looking like this so I kind of have to make sure that 'stand out' is for the right reasons.

I don't think I can wait until our little shop opens at 8. Since the virus they shortened the hours. I will drive to the servo I think.

How long have you had an audience for, if you don't mind sharing? Single would be a lot easier in lots of ways. Counsellor seems pretty understanding. Hopefully she can help unmuddle any muddle that's happened.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.