Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

Morning @Maggie @CheerBearand anyone else around .... 👋💕

Love the coffee quote @Maggie  ❤️

@CheerBear heat packs on my neck and shoulders help with rock hard tensed muscles ..... and Fisiocrem, a product from natural ingredients available in supermarkets and pharmacies.

Super quickest message ever but huge congrats @Maggie. It takes a lot to put yourself out there and challenge the tricky stuff. You rock ❤🎉😘

@Maggie 

Heart

LOVED THE COFFEE FIRST QUOTE.

Smiley Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcJxRqTs5nk 

I like this vid from Neil de Grasse Tyson...on Impact theory.

Seriously the safety first concept can be very limiting and paranoia inducing across society.  Questions of 'Being a risk taker or risk averse' needs nuance with kids.  Therefore too much safety first can have adverse health outcomes ... like @CheerBear 's sad description of the changes at school.

Hearing you all about sore heads and necks.

Ouch!

Heart

@CheerBear  It’s a big Thankyou to you. I know I’m super hard to get to know, but you have helped me so much in learning how to communicate, and so much more. You rock. It was/is hard to do, but look, I got the job. 😁😁😁

Former-Member
Not applicable

Looks like Im dropping off the first cuppa of the day @Maggie @CheerBear @Sans911 @Faith-and-Hope others. 😀

Hope today is a good one for you all. 💓

Saying it again ... really proud of you @Maggie 👍👍💖💖

Sherry

@Former-Member  Thankyou, for both.💞💞

Frost here this morning, so it’s really cold.

Heading for a second. Looks like @CheerBear  might be sleeping, I hope so.

@Appleblossom  I felt that ouch. I hope your neck and head are ok enough 💜💜💜

👋👋👋👋 anyone waking later.

Morning lovely people ❤

So good to see you @Former-Member. Thanks for the cup. So need that this morning. How's your morning going?

Morning @Maggie. I was sleeping. I had a teary and emotional arvo (extra tired) and, after a late sundae run to have a treat wirh the crew, crashed. About to have coffee and hope those feels have passed.

How was counsellor yesterday? How are you feeling today?

Ps - You got the job Maggie 😊🎉👍🎉😊 So happy for you.

@CheerBear  I really hope you can rest this weekend. 

I’m not at all surprised you are teary and exhausted. It’s been a full on week. Hoping today is ok enough, or better. 💞💞

A difficult session yesterday. Always hard when a piece of the puzzle is trying to find where it fits. I’m all for letting sleeping dogs lie, but they can come nipping at your heals. Looks like the dogs awake. 😩😩😩

I told counsellor about the job, and how they must be scraping the end of the barrel. She said she would be a rich women, if she were to bet on that coming from me. 😎😎😎

Frosty and very cold.

How is today looking?

Oh notifications have gone down here 😑

Thanks for helping that feel understandable @Maggie. I had a 'moment' (tears and all) with my managers (hate that word as that is not what they are but that's the word I've got here) at the end of the day and felt kind of frustrated at myself for it. I want, desperately, to do this well and easily and I think I had a big taste of just how big and full on this will be at times. Plus the tired, all the new information, some guilt at not being more present with the crew, and some hormones (pms - so much ugh) thrown in and it was a perfect storm moment. Trying to trust they will and do understand it was just a moment. Trying to trust myself that it was just a moment too.

Is the floating around missing puzzle behind the quicksand and twisted you've been feeling over the last little while do you think? Tough when the dog wakes. It can get very loud and hard to ignore 🙁

I know there's no scraping the barrel happening, but I hear that's how it feels. I know how hard it is to feel like you deserve things like this and that you are worthy and valued. I have seen and heard you experience that as much as anyone I've met before. It is so incredibly awesome to have challenged that. Seeing your name there was a huge highlight of my day. Huge hopes that you'd been as brave as I know you are, and that you'd put yourself out there. You are awesome. How's it all feeling today? Have you had a little time for it to sink in?

Today is a well and unwell person visit. Mr Person will come along. I'm looking forward to no work today. That's a first for me as, until now, I've wanted to do as much and as often as I can. Very happy to be away from it this weekend. And away literally too. My room is now full of work stuff which makes it hard not to think about.

How about your day today?
Former-Member
Not applicable

Scraping the bottom of the barrell @Maggie ?  Never ! ... you are the cream on top. 💕

Sorry to hear of teary and exhausted day yesterday. @CheerBear . Hope the weekend presents a chance to rest a little, and restore emotional reserves. 🌺

Sherry

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.