Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Taking the plunge

Tea appreciated, thanks @Maggie 

Yes I got a start on my next DP. 😀

Another medical apt for Mr Sherry this morning. Then he is going to lunch at Chinese restaurant with half a dozen of his mates. Means running around back and forth to town for apts, drop offs and pickups. And I expect an alcohol affected Mr Sherry afterwards. 😈

Hope your day is a good one @Maggie and hello also to @CheerBear @Faith-and-Hope @greenpea @eth @TheVorticon 

Sherry 💖

Not looking like a good day ahead for you @Former-Member . 💚💚

Do you get a break while Mr Sherry is out? Or are you hanging around being taxi drivers? Hoping the alcohol effected Mr Sherry behaves. :angry_face_with_horns::angry_face_with_horns:

Another incoming pot of tea for some needed strength. 💙💙💙💙

Former-Member
Not applicable

Its likely going to be a long lunch @Maggie , so I will pick up a couple of the guys on the way. Then drop them all off and return home to await a call to come and collect. So yeah .. I get a break while hes out. 😀

Sherry

@Former-Member  Thinking of you today Sherry I grew up with an alcoholic dad so I know how dreadful it can be when the devil comes out in them :(. Lots of love coming your way from the peaxxHeart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you Pea 💓

Yes, you would know then .. all too well. The many medications Mr Sherry needs to be on, adds an extra layer of unpredictability and volatility to everything too. 😯

@greenpea 

Good morning all here @Former-Member @Maggie @CheerBear @CheerBear @Faith-and-Hope   hope today goes gently, smoothly and without a hitch to those with a busy day ahead (all of you I think!).

@Former-Member  I've been there with an alcoholic, drug addled, narcissistic, abusive partner myself - don't think I've ever told you.  I got out the hard way.  That's why I feel so strongly when you talk about your husband's behaviour sometimes.  Feel for you I mean - empathy in the truest sense of the word.  I really hope he just falls asleep as soon as he gets home.  The best outcome of a day on the grog.  I know I'm not alone in sharing this experience here.  Take good care my friend.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you @eth  🙏🌺

Dropping off something different today.

@CheerBear @Faith-and-Hope @greenpea @eth @Former-Member @TheVorticon @Appleblossom @Zoe7 @Sans911 @Shaz51 @outlander  and everyone passing.

D3FA8023-84BA-43D8-8CCD-3633F3EB59C8.jpeg

Morning 👋

Can't see your pic yet @Maggie but looking forward to it. I'll hit the kettle - anyone up for a cup?

How have your last couple of days been @Maggie? I am about to wander around the forum and catch up ❤

Good to see you @CheerBear . Yes please, a second for me. 😀😀

I’m hoping yesterday was a kind of rest ish day for you. Was it gig?

Not the best of days here, but hoping today might be a better one, even in part.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.