Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

I have a perfect pic @CheerBear . I will add at the end of this post.

Oh no, hormones as well as everything. That’s so over the top tough, and very inconsiderate of your body. 

From my point of view, you did an amazing job. It’s all new. I understand the not being present for the crew as much as usual, it’s adjustments, for everyone. 

Yes the floating missing puzzel is behide the sinking sand. Avoidance never works, but I keep trying. The internal family are pretty much splat right now.. definitely hard to ignore the loud, and they are.

My application was woeful. Says so much for the behind the scenes crew here. The best I could do was copy and paste a post to you. The rest was, uh, ahh, no nothing there. I braced myself for the thanks, but no thanks. I have no idea how to promote me. Grateful, so grateful though, in many ways.

A week end away sounds positive in many ways @CheerBear . Good company, some laughs, help with the crew. 

Today will happen.

E46DB7B0-A27E-4CFD-9A6A-76129CE52DA2.jpeg

@Former-Member  I admit to blushing and giggling reading your reply. 💜💜💜

Thanks @Former-Member ❤️ I hope there's some space for you this weekend.

I am looking forward to seeing the pic @Maggie.

Annoying puzzles. Annoying overwhelm. Annoying all kinds of things! I hear you. The internal family being loud would be extra tricky. I imagine there is little stepping away from it all and getting a bit of a break (though I could be wrong).

I have about 50 gazillion posts and feels and support from you that I could have found, but again I get how hard it can be to see it for yourself. I remember applying and how incredibly strong the "who do you think you are" voice was. I remember the incredibly anxious wait bracing myself for the "yeah nah", wondering how I would bounce back when it came, which surprisingly it didn't. Stepping up and asking to be seen can feel and be so risky and so scary. This job (the yay you one) has helped me grow so much. It was a puzzle piece that was missing and is now being found. It's taken years to get there and I am still making my way there (clearly - as I type I can see the similarities between what I experienced with that job process and what I am in the thick of experiencing with this one), but it is safe and so supportive. You are appreciated, valued and worthy and I am super excited for you and for us all as a community to have you turn purple soon 😄

I think I might try and squeeze some painting in while I ponder and reflect this morning before we head away.

Mega love to you both/all. You all make a difference ❤️ (I am typing on my tablet so no cool emojis haha).

Enjoying your pics @Maggie.

Muchly!

I am sure you will give a lot in your CG role.  It really is important to have a variety of people on board, as there are so many different ways of being and different challenges facing people.  Your particular way of being has helped me feel I belong.  Beneath the words.  Then watching your relationships online grow has also been good for me.

Atm my physical needs are better met than they have for a long long time. I did not have the finance to get the level of allied health support that I needed.  You know all about that I am sure.  It reflects in my emotional life, as things are less difficult or extreme.  My physio has a saying ... Motion is Lotion.  But gently. Which is a lot more rehab oriented than the idiotic no gain without pain, which is what I endured.

Congrats Bella

Hugs

@Appleblossom  I always enjoy hearing from you, when you have the time, energy and want to.

I so appreciated what you said about ‘ beyond the words’, as words are such a struggle for me. They rarely say what my heart, mind or soul wants to, and can come out clumsy. Coming from a childhood  of not being allowed to talk, then the silent years, don’t help I guess. But a picture paints a thousand words, and can say what words can’t, like music.

Yes, I have read the support  changes for you , and the relief ( at times). Motion is lotion...but gently, for sure, lessons I’m learning. Yes to the emotional life reflected in the physical, and the other way around.

Thanks for the CG encouragement, it will be challenging, that I know.

💙💙💙💙

Morning everyone 🌞 Late start for me. I was snuggled up next to a Mr Person and it was just way too cold to get up and move. We're in the countryish place and yikes the weather is different here!

If the rain holds off we'll start the day with a walk in the forest. Its very grey and windy and gloomy but it can be fun trekking around in the mud. There are some awesome toadstools and mushrooms around and I'd love to snap some pics of them. The kids are staying here for a couple of days so I can focus on work which is a relief. Thankful for the support there.

Looking forward to catching up here later. I hope everyone has some good or better moments in their Sunday ❤

👋🍄

@CheerBear  I was hoping you would have a late start today.

A muddy walk in the forest sounds lovely, with colourful toadstool. Looking forward to pics, if you take any.

@CheerBear  That’s really good news about the kids staying in the country, and your first work day. Some pressure relief. A humongous day tomorrow. 

Enjoy today.

Frosty and cold here. Getting ready to go to the IGA soon.

@TheVorticon  Thinking of you, knowing ist tough going.. 👋👋💜💜

👋👋👋👋 everyone 💙💙💙

Former-Member
Not applicable

Morning @CheerBear .. All sounds good. 😀💓👍  Enjoy the rest of your day.

Hi @Maggie My brave friend who took the plunge and prevailed. No surprise to me at all. You are perfect for the job.  You are a shining star and fully deserving of the recognition. 😀💖💥🌟

Sherry

@Former-Member  💞💞

I did that training too @Maggie @but it seems like another life now

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.