Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

I have never been to a test match @Owlunar but may one dayers. We used to have them down here regularly but thst hs changed over the years. Not been to  Big Bash game this year either - but can still watch most of the games on tv so I sm oksy with that.

It has been a long time since I last went to the tennis. My Mum and I used to go every year. She wanted to go this year but neither my sister nor I could go. We both have too much to do - especially my sister. I could have taken a couple of days but my sister would have had to stay at my place with Cat and Toby and she just does not have that time to do so.

Your cat story reminds me of one of my own - and is connected to the tennis also. The first year I went when Cat was still a kitten she stayed with my Dad as his place. There was a day when Mum seemed to be on the phone more than usual and it worked out that Dad had lost Cat. He had called my sister also and she had gone to their place and together they finally found her thst afternoon. The little sweetheart had gone in behind the desk and couldn't get out. They moved the desk for her to come out and despite probably being in there for hours she was okay. Mum only told me about the dramas of the day when Cat had been found.

Morning everyone 👋 Coffee?

@Maggie wondering how your outing went yesterday?

❤ to all

I wasn’t expecting to see you this morning @CheerBear . I hope the move etc went ok yesterday.

Challenging is how I would describe yesterday @CheerBear . But I’m moving at a snails pace deliberately. Not my normal choice. 

I went to see ‘ Little Women’, at the small theatre near me. It was amazing. Oh my, women have had a hard slog over the centuries.

Is today looking ok for you. 💙

Former-Member
Not applicable

Morning @Maggie @CheerBear  😀

Did you hear back from fundraiser people @Maggie  re your pendants etc?

Good morning @Former-Member. I did receive a tired message says many of my art stuff sold. I’m not sure if it was stones or pendants, or both. I will hear once they revive a little.

Lots of these for you 💙💙💙💙

I slept in but was looking forward to a cuppa here @Maggie 😊

I had a feeling it might be challenging for you yesterday (if I read correctly that church was what you were doing). Do you think its something you'll continue at? Are there people there you think you'll be able to be around with a level of OK-ness?

You went to the cinema again! It is incredible to reflect on what women have had to overcome.

Epic day yesterday. The move was hot and heavy and took way longer than we'd hoped. Finally after unpacking and sitting down it hit the fan with Sib's ex and ended in a 000 call 🙁 Sib went and stayed there for the night hoping to help their ex make it through alive. It was bad. Mr He person and I stayed here. We had a really good night once the dust had settled.

I'm at my gig today. He person is coming along for the drive and to find a coffee and some books while I'm there 🙂

Morning @Former-Member 👋 How are you going this morning?

Yes it was church yesterday morning @CheerBear . The people are definitely ok ness to be around. I have ‘ issues ‘ as per usual. I’m wrestling, and I mean wrestling with past and present. Trying to find a meeting place, but absolutely drenched in fear.

Oh wow, yesterday sounds full on for you all. I really hope it has ended ok enough. You must feel drained. 💜💜💜

You have your gig today. Mr is sounding supportive, you need that atm. Glad your night was ok. 💙💙

Definitely OK-ness to be around sounds like a great environment to try and find a place between past and present @Maggie. I hear and see that drenched in fear. I think you're incredible to be pushing on through it, even if it feels snail's pace-y.

Good to hear your fundraiser things went well. I'm not surprised many of your things were sold. Hopefully it was a success all around 🤞

I feel drained in a way but also energised. My body is tired and my heart hurts for sib and their ex, but spending time with Mr he-person gives me a lot of good. He's really supportive and I feel like he genuinely believes in me and cares. He'll be waiting when I finish today and will ask, with real interest, how it went. We click in a way I had shut myself off from even considering (either that or he just smells really good and I'm in a cloud of endorphins 😉:face_with_rolling_eyes:😆). I'm really enjoying whatever it is.

How's your day looking today?

@CheerBear  Whatever ‘ he’ has, sounds positive and good. All we can do is follow our senses, even if it is the nose’ smells good’, is good enough. Just be happy. You deserve support, happiness, respect and so much more.

The pushing through stuff is more searching for the speck of faith, buried beneath a lifetime of rubble @CheerBear. Can I blow some life back into what was my life. Can I believe again?? I sense I can, a bit like your good smell I think, we are both taking risks. Huge risks. I see and hear you. Life isn’t easy. You are pushing through some deep and meaningful stuff. Worth it for both of us? Time will tell. 

My lady who helps with cleaning is coming today. I feel better than I did last time, so I think it will be ok enough. My pride takes a pounding.

I hope your gig goes really well. 💜💜💜

I just got off the phone to parent who was calling to see how it went with sibling and the move yesterday @Maggie. Super ugh to piece together what happened and how we can best support sibling through this 🙁

I love the way you write and think and express yourself. You're right in that we're both taking risks. It's hard to challenge deeply held thoughts and feelings that have come from a lifetime of experiences that tell us not to trust or believe. Time will tell - I agree.

Great to hear you're feeling better about cleaning lady than you were last time. Pride can be found in accepting it's time for help. I have to believe that I think.

Thanks. As usual I'm working through a giant sized serve of "not good enough" for this gig but I hope and expect I'll see I actually can do this as I often see after it's done.

Better fly. Sending you bucket loads of ❤ and

😊
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.