Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Surviving Psychosis

Well forum friendlies I’m still in the hospital. I saw my psychiatrist tonight and he threatened to send me to an institution. I’m hopping mad 😡 how dare he?

I’ve done nothing wrong have I?

Other than this, I feel okay. Not perfect, not down...just euthymic. I told my wife about my conversation with my psychiatrist and she is angry. She assured me he was only kidding but her point was that he shouldn’t make jokes like that which will upset me.

Hello everyone following my saga, tonight I’m a broken woman. My wife and my psychiatrist have decided to tell me to “be realistic” and forget about university and my dreams of being a social worker. They said to spend my time pursuing art and hobbies rather than the impossible and to just accept I’ll never work again. I’m really upset 😢 and just feel like giving up. Is my whole life a stupid delusion?

Google ‘the impossible’ by Robbie Williams. Pretty well sums up my situation.

Well it seems nobody in rl cares. I approached the staff about my situation only to be totally ignored. 😥😓😪

I feel like such a waste.

Don't give up your dreams. You can achieve them, even if it takes longer than you hope, if you keep holding onto them, then you can fulfil them. 

I was told that I wouldn't be able go back to study, but eventually after 4 false starts, and 6 years, I'm finally achieving my goals of studying Law. 

Sending you all of the love, and strength in the universe. Xxxx

Don't give up your dreams @Queenie , you have come soo far my friend

sending you lots of tender hugs HeartHeart

I'm finally achieving my goals of studying Law.-- way to go @-xlilithx- 

Hello @Gazza75 , @GeminiLion , @greenpea , @frog , @Appleblossom 

heyyyy @ideaslady Heart

@Queenie  Oh Queenie I have been told exactly the same thing .... I feel like a imbascile .....but I get it at the same time. My brain, mind whatever cannot handle the stress of studying and working ..... I need peace in my life to function otherwise I become a not very pleasant person to be around and that is the truth I get it. I don't like it though.

https://youtu.be/i7RSF0CZNsc

This says it all. I refuse to lay down and just give up.

@Shaz51- Hello, i hope your having a good day.  It seems like winter is knocking on the door today.  I'm rugged up like a snowman LOL

@greenpea- It sounds like you have found the right balance in your life.  I could do with less of the work, but, i imagine thats the complain of most people working full time 🙂

@Queenie- I wouldn't give up on your dreams of being a social worker.   You are  someone well qualified and a great help to people facing diffucuilt times.  You seem very compassionate and kind and that goes a long way when people are reaching out for help.  As they say a little goes a long way somtimes.  

When I was hospitalised there was only 1 social worker and maybe 2 or 3 workers out of a pretty large crew that seemed to geniunely care about the patients well being or welfare.  The rest just went through the motions of providing care with the minimal of effort and fuss.  

Well folks I’m still in the hospital. I have a discharge day though, Friday week. I’m saddened that I will not be able to have a nice night with my Mrs for our anniversary on June 3. I feel like I’m constantly letting her down because of my mental health.

I’m stoked on the other hand, as I finally have a discharge date!

@Queenie- Awesome that you have a date.  I'm sure the Mrs will understand and you can celebrate anyway.  🙂  You'll have to do some making up ! 

Take care

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.