Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Raising Awareness of BPD - Flipping the Script

Hello @BPDSurvivor how are you going today  

@BPDSurvivor I have been struggling terribly and now I think I have pushed away people who are important to me. I have written apologies to those 3 people but have heard nothing back. I cannot say I blame them. I am obviously full on and hard to handle.

Ohhh sitting with you my friend xxx @Netty78 and letting you know that I am here for you 

@BPDSurvivor , @Appleblossom , @Former-Member , @Judi9877 

Oh @Netty78 ,

I, too, hate that feeling. It's like the more you want people around you, the more you push people away. You've gone one step further than I have ever been - you've written apologies. 

It's okay that they haven't replied (yet). Sometimes, if they really are hurt, it takes time. Other than that, they could just be bogged down, busy. I only when I receive msgs/notes that have depth, I never send a quick response. Deep msgs need to be digested, and perhaps a deep msg in response. 

One essential skill for pwBPD to learn and practise is OPEN COMMUNICATION. If we are open in our communication, we soon realise that others tend to reciprocate this. It took a lot of therapy work for me to learn the skill of open communication. I used to bottle everything up and the result was often disastrous. 

Although things are so tough at this point, I'm here with you, riding out the emotional weather. Things will shift - I promise.

Hugs,

BPDSurvivor

@BPDSurvivor I desperately need help and the NSW mental health line was useless!

Hi @Netty78 ,

Im sorry to hear things are so tough. 

Im all ears if there's anything you'd like to share, ask, vent. I know it's different having someone face to face, but perhaps I can support you in some way?

Hold on tight my dear friend.

BPDSurvivor

How are things today @Netty78 ?

@BPDSurvivor I am feeling a little more settled this morning, but am somewhat anxious about seeing my psychiatrist this morning. I would like to think I am optimistic about my appointment this morning but I am also worried that I may not get the help and relief I need.

Hi @Netty78 ,

Im glad you are seeing your psychiatrist today. It'll be good to also remember that from a BPD perspective, medication supports the insomnia, anxiety, depression that may come with BPD. However, tackling BPD itself requires intense, lengthy talking therapies. These therapies focus on changing the way we think about things, and hence takes time.

Antidepressants (for my depression) played a crucial role in my recovery so that I was well enough to handle the talking therapy.

Let me know how you go. All the best,

BPDSurvivor

Hello @PlantLover 

Hope you feel better soon 

@BPDSurvivor ' @Netty78 ' @Appleblossom ' @Former-Member ' @Judi9877 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.