Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Please Help - Wife resents me following hospitalisation

Hi there, my sister is a diagnosed schizophrenic and has been for the last 31 years and recently off her meds and in a long long period of psychosis. Everything you describe, as well as parents not really “seeing” the difference or excusing it and pandering to it just hoping love and care will cure it... it rings true for me and what we’re going through. We have been unsuccessfully trying to get her hospitalised too and it’s frustrating and impossible because there are moments when I question what is real. If it helps, you are standing close and trying to help your loved one and that is the important. I am not sure how to get your wife to see that you are helping though; in my experience they may not; but that isn’t a reason not to hold the line. Just my opinion - I am at a loss myself so not sure if I’m helping!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.