Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

App
Casual Contributor

Re: New

@Flying_Hams I have been travelling OK. Recently my psych and I lowered my antidepressent dose. It's the lowest it has been in 20yrs. I feel that I am OK not manic and I don't think I'm depressed but I have become anxious about sleeping. I've been taking sleeping tablets so I am sleeping properly. Thank you for asking me how I'm going. How are you travelling? I see my psych again on the 9th of June. My last episode was about 4yrs ago it was a pretty bad one I ended up in hospital and the depression that followed the mania was really bad. I think I just sat on the lounge for months. It was debilitating. High levels of ongoing stress are my trigger. About 8 years ago my youngest daughter was diagnosed with an eating disorder which then morphed into a borderline personality disorder. Her behaviour included self harm. The ongoing stress of dealing with her eventually tipped me over the edge. To be honest I don't think I completely bounced back after my last episode. The depression was so severe. I cope on a daily basis but my motivation and self care are low. Would love to hear back from you.

STLioW
Casual Contributor

Re: New

Hiya. Depending on Covid-19 restrictions but there are volunteer organisations on the internet so maybe google & see what's out there. Is there anything that you always wanted to have a go at? You might meet some like minded people out there. Sometimes taking the first step is the hardest but then good things can open up in your world! Take care.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.