Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Lookingforhappy
Contributor

Navigating life with a mental illness

This has been one of the hardest years of my life. From being hospitalized last October for the first time ever for Psychosis . My first time ever being in hospital. To all the doctors appointments, Psychiatry appointments and being on top of taking medication(something I wasnt used to). Dealing with mental illness first hand has been a challenge. Some days I wish I could go back in time and take this whole experience away. I thought prior to this happening that I was doing good and living life. But I guess everything happens for a reason and this was meant to happen. Some days are worst than others but I have to keep remembering to put one foot in front of the other. Hoping that one day this is all easier to understand and accept. and its not just one big blurr. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Navigating life with a mental illness

Good Evening @Lookingforhappy ,

Thank you for trusting us in sharing this part of your journey. It takes a lot of strength to reflect on what has happened and to continue encouraging yourself to take a step at a time.

We are walking with you. You are not alone. 

I look forward to connecting with you throughout the forums, and hearing how you are going.

There is hope. There is recovery.

tyme

Thank-you so much @tyme.

Its good to know im not alone and have this forum to come back too. 

I appreciate your reply thank-you again!

We will always be waiting to hear from you @Lookingforhappy  - you are definitely not alone my friend. 

I admire your strength and resilience.

tyme

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.