Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My life partner has Bipolar ii

@Determined material possessions have never been of high importance to me but it only when I began to truly understand grace that I realised the importance of compassion both to others and myself. Loss and grief, valleys we often need to negotiate.  

hello @Former-Member, how is mr @Former-Member going today xx

Mr D has been taking things a little easier today, watched a bit of the cricket @Shaz51

been watching tv here too @Former-Member

mr shaz`s nephew brought his new camera yesterday to show him , so mr shaz has benn on the computer looking at cameras

@Former-Member

Have not had a chance to read back yet but thinking if you and trust all is as well as it can be in your camp. 

@Determined

Mr D doing all the "right things" to manage his MI. I am so grateful for this. Whilst I have the usual challenges that come from living with someone with MI, I don't have the burdens that go with no insight, substance abuse or rage. I am relatively healthy, have friends & support and I only have one person to take care of, not having family responsibilities and am blessed that Mr Darcy does love me so don't have anything to complain about.

Just have this nagging feeling that all is not as good as it seems to others, so just tackle this as clinically as possible. 

what kind of feelings @Former-Member Heart

@Shaz51  it is a gut feeling. 

When we first got our female dog she refused to go walking with Mr Darcy and our boy dog (now RIP).  It took a bit of building up for her to eventually do so and after his last hospitalisation, to my surprise she willingly went with him.

She was off colour Christmas Eve and seems to have made a full recovery but if Mr D tries to walk her on his own, they barely make 50m and she pulls and won't budge. 

It makes me wonder if she is a "reverse therapy" dog and she can tell things might not be right.   The dose of the med he is discontinuing is borderline sub therapeutic for his differential diagnosis and I don't think things are quite right. His mood stabiliser has plenty of room for tweakage and I might yet need to speak to treating team.

That is cause for concern @Former-Member 

Will be praying that things go smoothly for you both. It is always hard when all we have is a gut feeling particually when passing infomation on to health 'professionals' . (Well it is for me anyway as I struggle to articulate my concerns).  I have found my gut feelings to be mostly accurate though so understand in some way your concerns . 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.