Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My life partner has Bipolar ii

It's been a relatively quiet week in one respect  @Shaz51 but busy in others. Ended on a rough note yesterday - but hey, what's the point in crying? Just need go get on and sort things out.

what happened my friend xx @Former-Member Heart

Discovered our rainwater tanks were empty last night @Shaz51 despite a wet week which had Mr Darcy howling all hours, was able to eventually console him with a solution. After looking at things today I am hopeful it is just a blocked inlet filter that has caused the problem, time will tell... 

Had been working on the edge of a seasonal pond yesterday and when I took my jeans off to get changed a fully engorged leech also emerged ... yikes.  

Today Mr D showed another sign that he is not doing so well but on a positive note he has lost more of the weight he put on when in crisis. 

Otherwise, the sun is shining and we are just about to take our madam hound out for her daily walk. Catching up with understanding friend, a new hair style and op shop finds  all bonuses this week. 😀

sitting with you @Former-Member Heart

it is good talking about the good and the bad

and then when we remember the good outweighs the bad with a  understanding friend, a new hair style and op shop finds for you

like my mum says " it will pass "

like what a crazy week for us too and to see mum feeling a bit better this morning ,

mr shaz ready to face today ( no work today ) even though I would of loved to stay in bed

but I did not want to bust his bubble Smiley Very Happy

mr shaz has put on weight due to his meds , he wants to lose some

images (71).jpeg

@Shaz51 

Felt a bit the same way this morning. 

For a brief time I weighed less than Mr Darcy ... not any more😀 ... understanding friend weighs more than her hubby too, we were having a good laugh about it the other day as she had noticed how much Mr D had lost. 

@Determined it has been a long time due to various reasons, but today I received notification that a primary outcome I had been seeking in relation to the complaint I lodged has been successful 🙌🙌🙌.

There are two secondary matters still in process.

@Former-Member 👋 really good your complaint has been successfull. fingers crossed for 2 more successful matters

That is great news @Former-Member 

Trust that takes a load  off for you and the remaining concerns also receive a positive outcome. 

@Former-Member  there was a time when I was successful in loosing some weight and less than darling.  Every time I weighed myself  I did It when darling was not around and when she asked added 3 to 5 kg  to whatever she weighed. No worries there at the moment .

@Determined that is very kind of you. Mr D would not be so generous.  He gets weighed at the doctors in front of me but has never hidden his weight, he is brutally honest and would no doubt gloat if he knew what I weighed. (At one time he did suspect the truth, but knows better than to ask, I would not tell him and say how rude it is to ask a woman about her weight).  He is tall which makes it even more embarrassing for me. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.