Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Serenity_13
Contributor

Mental combat

Hey everyone I haven’t been on here for a couple of years, I would like to tell you I’m all right I’m still dealing with schizophrenia everyday as best as I can.At the moment I’ve been watching the World Cup soccer and just started to read books, I like biographies mainly.I’ve been pretty stable but some days  ups and downs but I go for walks as well to clear my head and get more exercise to feel better.I was diagnosed with schizophrenia in 1996 and it’s been a struggle especially finding the right medication.I hope I can eventually work as a cleaner again since I’ve been working for a few years till I had to quit.I decided to come back on Sane forums to make friends and get some support which I’m really determined not to let schizophrenia rule my life.To end this post I hope you all have a great day or night and I’ll be more active on here thank you and stay strong.✌️😊

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Mental combat

welcome back @Serenity_13! I'm TuxedoCat, a peer worker on here. I don't think we've met before. 

Thank you for the well wishes for the day! I'm having a good day. What are you getting up to?

@Serenity_13 

There are a few people on here who have dealt with schizophrenia.  I think it is great not to let it rule your life.  I like biographies too and non fiction with a dash of contemporary Aussie lit.  Trying to get more walking going... or dancing ...

I like you're title @Serenity_13 . It's funny how so many of life functions can be framed as combat.

I've been both attacking and laying siege to all the weird stuff that I horde.
I'm deploying...

- the "does this object = joy" test

- the "place for everything + everything in place" principle

- and the "job to do + fun element =  job = game" hack.

Life may or may not be a "battle", but "fighting spirit" certainly factors in.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.