Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Living with PTSD (Potentially Triggering Material)

Just adding to the wonderful people on here.

Am thinking about you @Former-Member Heart

A big thank you to everyone .. sorry I am not mentioning everyone individually, I dont want to start, and then mistakenly miss someone.

It would be an understatement to say I am struggling right now. I am running on empty, yet still have so much I need to organise, plan and do.

I got little to no sleep between Friday and yesterday as I awaited the expected call from my brother as he maintained his 24/7 bedside vigil over my Mum. And since she finally drew her last laboured breath yesterday morning, I seem to wake up constantly in a flood of tears.

As I assist with the calls to notify family members of the death and funeral arrangements, it occurred to me that there is not one friend of mine that I need, or am able, to tell of the death of my dear mum. Its a sad reflection of where Im at, that  the only people I have told (for me) is my psych through email (need to change my next apt) and my online friends here. 😢

Im making plans to do the 7 hour drive next Tues or Wed, and the thought of the long drive is freaking me out too. Funeral will be Friday week. My sister is in the middle of a month long overseas trip. Something else which was causing me additional stress too. She had her phone switched off for 3 days as I tried desperately to let her know that mum was dying. When she finally turned it on and got all my messages, she said 'oh really ... I expected this'. If thats the case then why  the bl***y hell did she turn her phone off for 3 flamin' days?!! I was so upset.

Hubby's health has got worse. He blames me, saying my stress affects him. Perhaps hes right. He has stepped up his pain killers to try to relieve the headaches, and his sleepers which usually help calm him. But unfortunately he has also increased his alcohol levels. Not a good mix at all, when all that is on top of high doses of ADs.

I have an apt with my GP this Thursday. He rang last week and said he wanted to see me. Im thinking its to review my MHCP, and to approve my final 4 medicare sessions. Though I have already had 7 and hoped a review may not be needed. I want to cancel, dont want to deal with this right now. But if I dont go, I may not be able to keep seeing my psych. And right now, I really need her.

I dont know, everything just seems too hard right now. And .. I miss my Mum. What a sook I am.

your not a sook @Former-Member  not at all. im abit short on words but im here and listening. 

thJ3GOJ8FN.jpg45.png51.png

Not a sook @Former-Member .... I still miss my Mum most days ..... but the pain does dull with time ..... you learn to live with it and make a treasure box inside your heart for all the “Mum things” that cross your path and keep her memory close to you.

And you’re allowed to be stressed .... that hubby of yours needs to get with the program !!  I know he won’t .... but that one was for you, with love ❣️

390ECC42-726D-4F8D-B788-E5E05E3C4B98.jpeg

😔 @Former-Member. There's so much in your post. Thinking of you.

@Former-Member  Sherry my dear friend I really wish you didn't have to go through this pain. As my son2 would say 'Life sucks' and he is right. I am so sorry hun. Hugs and Hugs peaxxx

Dear @Former-Member ,

thank you for taking time out to post here, I have been thinking of you a lot.  Of course you miss your mum that does not go away, but it does become manageable.

it is a very busy time for you with so much to do, an d then that long drive.  Funerals are stressful, but do help you to get past that first phase.  

I am sorry to hear that your husband is being difficult, but it seems predictable for him, from his past behaviour.  Just you do what you have to do and let him be how he is going to be, but keep yourself safe, please.

so many people here care for you and want you to be able to get through this feeling supported. And loved.  

Dont feel that you have to post, but know that I am thinking of you and what you are going through. As are lots of others,

love peri

@Former-Member 💜💙💚🧡💛

Image result for meerkat and flowers

@Former-Member, sending you lots of love and tender hugs for each day my friend

you have soo much going on and your husband`s attitude would be very hard to ignore and it is not very helpful

one step at a time my friend xoxo

beach.jpg

baby 1.jpg

Love.jpg

Dear beautiful @Former-Member 

I just saw this message from you. Sorry I didn’t reply earlier. 

I’m really sorry to read your mum passed away. Deepest sympathy to you snd your family. This is a difficult and emotional time as well as stressful. You don’t need your hubby to carry on at the moment. 

I had tears reading that you have no friends. Thst makes me really sad for you. But you have sooo many friends here sending you love snd hugs. And just holding your hand along the way. 

Pls take care 

thinking of you ❤️❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.