Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Life can be a Pain

@Shaz51  actually since on this new medication for reflux i haven't had the pain when eating or drinking

i can't have too many coffees anymore, i only have 1-2 a day.

that's good that hubby is doing his hobby.  mine is outside polishing his car (that's his hobby!!!)

since on this new medication for reflux i haven't had the pain when eating or drinking -- that is great news @BlueBay , yes i will have to cut out a couple of coffee 

Hi  @Anastasia @greenpea @Emelia8 @Zoe7 @BlueBay @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @outlander 

Aw - before I get down to more important issues I feel the need to have a gripe

I do not want to hear anything - ANYTHING - from my toxic sister - but let enough time pass and she will find something to con tact me about. I have read her letter and the official documents she has sent me and I am frankly annoyed that she has and wonder why she felt the need to send them. Someone has made a mistake and she disowns it - but why send to me?

This subject has gone on and on for years - and it was in 2016 I decided she had gone too far and I wanted nothing more to do with her - I should tell her - there's that word again - "should" - the only times I have seen her in the last nearly 5 years were at a funeral and a family birthday - hardly the occasions to bring up the statement that I need her to keep out of my life and my affairs

I think I will sent her a text and ask what she wants to do about it - it seems to me there is nothing that can be done - 

That's enough about that - maybe I can settle down and be useful here now I have said my piece

DecSmiley Mad

Tags ddn't work @Owlunar Smiley Sad

Maybe ignoring your sister is the best way forward Dec. She cannot expect you to be there for her when it is good for her but nothing at any other time. If you do need to send her a text then make it clear how you feel and if she wants a relationship with you then it has to be based on mutual respect and not just seeing you as someone to 'fix' her issues.

Thanks for letting me know about the tags @Zoe7  and also for your comments

I think I will ignore my sister - I don't understand her and I don't like her - after I wrote my gripe and just sat and stared out of the window - my mind went blank - and my head started to ache

Years go by without my sister or I contacting each other and she has moved up-country to Central Victoria by now - and yes - she eventually contacts me and there is nothing there for me at all - I never contact her and even at the family birthday party I was busy catching up with old friends and not her but she eventually had to speak to me and it was a fruitless encounter

Actually - I can see there is nothing to be done about the issue - maybe she wants me to confirm that for her - let her off the hook - and I am not about to do that. 

Thanks again Zoe - I think I should take a walk around the block in the fresh air. I don't need my sister but sheesh - she really does blunder about my garden of precious thoughts in her muddy boots - not that I would ever let her know that

Dec

@Owlunar It is so hard when family not only continue to disappoint us but also only contact us when they want something. Smiley Sad You my friend deserve more Heart Ihope the walk helps a little. Hugs and hugs and hugs Heart

Hugs my @Owlunar ❤❤❤

Sounds like my cousin at the moment  xxx

Hi @Shaz51  - there are times when we can do without certain people - we can learn to tolerate them when they are around and ignore them when they are not

And yes @Zoe7  - a walk in the fresh air -  smelling the damp earth in people's gardens was settling and pleasant - I obviously don't need my sister but there are times when I am sorry about that - but she is who she is and I don't need her cluttering up my life - when I get the chance I will tell her.

Thanks ladies

Dec

Hello @Owlunar sorry I missed your message until now...ahhh family, I hear you. I am sorry to learn of the difficulties with your sister. I always wanted a sister but since "growing up" I have learned that sisters don't mean it's going to guarantee a fruitful relationship. I have sisters here now, you being one of them and I am truly blessed and grateful. So eventually it happened 🙏

You managed the situation so well by taking time out, a walk, good on you Dec.

I think of you often, your resilience and courage. I wonder how you have managed to come out the other end of your loss as you have. I have so much admiration for you Dec. I'd love nothing more than a chin wag and a cuppa in the sun with you. I'm scared, scared I will lose my boy, not sure how I'll carry on. I'll have to, I have my other boy to consider as you did/do your daughter. Feeling really vulnerable today Dec, on high alert for something "bad" to happen. Guess it's because my boy may come home next week, my health and just the sadness of life in general. Take care Dec, I don't have any new owl pics, I'll have to look but for now this little guy is cute 🦉💕

Here's a couple that I thought were a bit special for you @Owlunar 💞

Screenshot_2021-04-18-15-19-40-07.jpg

Screenshot_2021-04-18-15-20-03-68.jpg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.