Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Lesson learned

Not really sure what category to post this in so posting it here.

So apparently if something goes wrong it's my fault. Doesn't matter if it was them that left it to the last minute or they made the mistake it went wrong so it's my fault. 

This is especially true when I feel like I've been doing well, because I'm happy it definitely has to be my fault because it's the only thing different is my doing good instead of depressed and sh and anxiety through the roof I have actually been able to feel happy do stuff with my son and actually enjoy it instead of pretending to. But because I'm doing well and something went wrong for them as consequence of their own actions it's still my fault so their gonna have a big hullabaloo over it and drag me back down

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Lesson learned

It becomes tricky when we know we have done nothing wrong yet others feel the need to blame someone and then that lands on us @Former-Member You know in your heart that you have done nothing wrong so try not to let the negstivity of others get to you - and yes I know that is easier said than done when our self-esteem is low and we feel like the world is against us. You have said that you have been doing better lately and that is wonderful - try to take some of that positivity with your life into this situation and keep your head high - it will pass with time Hon. Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Zoe7 I hope it settles quickly because while I have been good lately I also haven't been on my meds cause my Dr wouldn't review them despite me telling him they are giving me severe headaches now that I stopped them on my own I don't get them any more but I know it makes me unstable so I've been sticking to a routine to help myself stay in check till I see my psych in Feb

Wow Feb is a long way off to wait @Former-Member I hope you manage to stay in your routine and are okay until then. Please reach out here also if you need support. I just read that you are not a fan of christmas like many others here so getting through this period may be difficult for you. I am hoping that after tonights Topic Tuesday the thread can remain open to allow those that need to connect with each other over these next couple of weeks can use that thread to do so ... @s-jay is it possible to keep the TT thread tonight open or will a new thread be necessary?

Former-Member
Not applicable

I'm hoping so too @Zoe7 and yes having a thread for that purpose would be good is it possible @s-jay@ not sure if anyone's reasoning for the dislike of christmas would be similar to mine though

We all have different reasons for disliking christmas @Former-Member and despite those differences we can all support each other. I am actually looking forward to christmas this year for the first time in a long time - it was always a day I loved spending with my grandparents and not having them here anymore has affected my love of christmas for years - this year my sister's partner's family are coming down for the day so it will be a larger gathering and they are nice people so for that reason I am looking forward to it. Most years it is just our small family and I know my parents both miss their parents so that makes it a bit sadder for everyone. This year I am hoping will be a little easier for everyone.

Former-Member
Not applicable

That sounds nice @Zoe7 I hope it's as good as you are expecting and that you have a great day

Hi guys - definitely possible to keep it open but you might get more traction and interaction if it's in one of the usual areas of the forum? Maybe you can talk about it tonight in the TT?

Thanks for that feedback @s-jay We can discuss it tonight Smiley Happy

@Former-Member Thank you - I hope it is a nice day also - I will be helping out my sister to get organised for the day to take a little pressure off her also.

Definitely love the idea of starting a christmas thread @Zoe7 @Former-Member In fact @Lauz and I were chatting about this last week. Some kind of Christmas-ChillOut Lounge, everyone can have a yarn about what they're up to, any challenges they are up against etc 🙂

Tonight's going to be an awesome Topic Tuesday guys! We have a special guest, @Robert_Lifeline dropping in. 🙂 See you there.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.