Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Introspection

I'm also getting the case of the disappearing post. I've written a couple of replies but alas both are missing!

I do hope all is well with you and that you are looking after yourself @Former-Member .

How is the MI going? Is it managed well?

I thought about it but I have now forgotten what I said in my last post. I'm so sorry. It seems to be happening a lot that posts are going away and hiding.

Late

Good morning @Late

Just dropping by to say good morning. How are you doing today.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Good morning @Late 

I am just quickly dropping by to say hello.  You sounded a little disturbed last night on the other thread, so I hope you are feeling much better this morning.  

I should add that you have not offended me in any way.  As you said in your post here, you gave me the best of you.  And thats lovely ... thank you.

I'm sorry to hear that you are not permitted pets where you live.  My dog Holly is such a comfort to me, and I honestly cannot imagine life without my little dog.  Perhaps they would permits birds?  I have budgies which I keep in a large outdoor aviary.  But they can make wonderful little pets when kept in the home.  Do you play or follow any sport, either live or on television?  I love almost all sports, so would welcome a discussion on that ... cricket, nrl, afl, tennis ... you name it. Except for motor sports, I'm not really into that.  Too noisy for me.

Its good that you keep up with the world.  I guess that means you follow the news and current events.  Lately thats all been about the federal election!  Kind of tired of all that now, and wishing for election day on Saturday to come around quickly, so we can all forget about it, and live with whatever the majority votes for.

Fearing the unknown is a very common fear @Late , and that extends to things such as online forums, the internet in general, etc.  I know I had no idea what to expect when I first joined Sane forums.  But I was very pleasantly surprised by how lovely everyone was here.  I hope you find that too.  I feel sure that the best of you is yet to come, and would welcome hearing from you again.

Can I ask you a few questions please?  And dont feel obliged to answer if you dont feel comfortable.  Can you tell me if you have been officially diagnosed with a mental health disorder?  And if so, would you like to discuss it, how it affects you, what treatment you are receiving for it, what you have found helpful, and whats not been helpful for you personally.  One of the really helpful things I find here on the forums is how different people cope with their mental health issues.  I have learned so much from other members here about PTSD, OCD and the usual depression and anxiety which comes with those disorders.  The way we often learn is to listen to other members.  So by you talking about it here, it can benefit others.

Hi also to @Sans911  and @Zoe7  whom you have now also met.

I look forward to hearing from you again @Late , and really hope you are okay.

Sherry 🌺

Hi Late. I am new on sane too. Never even heard of it till about week or two ago. I'm learning ropes here too. What works, what doesn't etc. Just wanted to touch base. I did see your post last night and was meant to reply but better late than never. Enjoy your day.  

Hi @Former-Member and @Sans911 ,

I just read this thread through from the beginning. I am sorry it's so all over the place. I have so much in me that I don't think I've communicated to anyone my whole life. I feel very clearly that I got everything off my chest but it was such a tiny piece of information that came forth that it would be extremely easy to miss. I will have a lot more to say. I guess I need to communicate with both of you as well as with @Lauz  and actually have a 2 way conversation! I have spent years talking to myself in isolation and journalist and working at getting my thought life straight that my mind became a friend to me. Using computers, paper and by verbally articulating what was going on in my head became a full time occupation. I would be working on my thoughts day and night. That's why I'm excited about Sane. I have been working on my thoughts and working out what I am all about and bringing everything to a conclusion. I guess I'm just excited about relating this stuff to other people. I'm really new to doing this and I know this all sounds silly. There has just been a lot going on for me in my thoughts for years but I have come to the end of that business. I have peace of mind now but I have not conveyed any of this stuff to anyone so nothing has been put right. It's like a huge storm has swept through my life and has passed. There is stillness and calm now and it's time to put everything back in order and go on with life. Something amazing has happened though. The storm I mentioned was not a destructive force. It was more of a chance of something. A shift in the way I saw things. I know that I do not have to make perfect sense straight away although it would have been nice to present something beautifully for you all. I hope the feeling you take away from this thread while you are here is a positive one. I have a lot that I need to say. I know that it is all over the place. Try as I might to just settle down and follow the conversation or just say hi, I can't. There is so much information in me that needs to find a home in people through connection. I would love to Taylor it all and make it easy to digest but this, the way it is layed out here, is the only way I can see of communicating it to you all. I know. Just relax. It will take time. Rome wasn't built in a day, and so on...

Late

gday @Late

Welcome 🙂

You write very well @Late. All makes sense to me.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Well ... hello again @Late .  I'm really pleased you have posted again, and did not lose faith in our Forums with disappearing posts etc.  I must apologise as I did not receive the usual notification of your replies to me from early yesterday morning. Hence my lack of reply until now. Clearly those couple of posts were temporarily held up. Anyway, not a problem ... I have found them now, thanks to your new post from today which did provide me with an alert.

Thank you I am trying hard to look after myself.  Although its a bit hard because I am a carer of my husband who has been extremely ill, including a week in hospital last week.  He has a number of degenerative mental illnesses, plus some serious physical illnesses as well.  So its hard to devote the time to my own needs sometimes.

I do see a clinical psychologist regularly however, and she has literally been a life saver for me over the past few years.  I have also undergone a number of trauma therapies, over the past few years as well.  Including CBT, Exposure Therapy, and EMDR.  All accepted therapies deemed best practice for PTSD sufferers.  I am certainly not as reactive these days as I used to be.  But I still have times that things hit me, and bring me down.  Its a constant battle to keep on top of things.  But in general I would say that it is managed fairly well now.  Between psych sessions, GP support and medications to help with PTSD-related nightmares when things get bad in that regard.  How about you?

I have not yet read your longer posts from today, but will try to respond to that later.  I need to get some dinner prepared now.  But wanted you to know I had read your earlier posts from yesterday, once they finally came through.  It was good to hear from you, as I was a little concerned about you beforehand.

Sherry 🌼

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.