Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Eve7
Community Guide

Introducing myself

This is my first day on the forum.

i am desperately awaiting my Dr’s appointment tomorrow as my MH as spun out of control lately.

this has not occurred for so long that I’m really scared. I haven’t been on medication for over 20 years and thought this would never occur again.

somehow I’ve entered a deep black hole with voices coming at me from everywhere.

i am going to tell my Dr everything that I have not spoken about in over 20 years.

60 REPLIES 60
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Introducing myself

@Eve7 I'm so sorry. I really hope you're ok, and that the GP can help you. I hope your appointment goes well. I know how daunting and anxiety provoking it can be. Best of luck

Maybe if you don't feel comfortable speaking about things, you could write it down in a note and give it to the GP? Up to you, just a suggestion

Thank you. That’s a great idea as I am so full of fear about what she’ll say.

25 years ago I was diagnosed with schizophrenia and I have been really well for so long with no meds.

Im spinning out at what she might say when I tell her my history but I feel that I have to before I go down any further.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Eve7 just a reminder to put @ and type someone's username so they get notifications.

You're welcome. I don't think she would judge you, she's not allowed to do that. If she does, you have every right to change GPs and complain, but of course I hope that doesn't happen

hi @Eve7 and welcome
im sorry your mh has spun out of control lately, I can relate to that. its really difficult and of course scary.
I do hope your gp will be helpful and understanding about what your going to tell her. Writing dot points can be helpful, that way if you feel like you cant talk you could hand her the piece of paper. ive done this before. I just said 'im struggling to get the words out so I wrote them down for you to read.'
hope this helps and welcome

Please also feel free to have a look around and join in wherever you like. A little forum tip is to put an @ before a members name, this way itll tag them so they'll receive a notification your talking to them

@Eve7 It is so difficult when you descend into that darkness again after so long. I can relate as it was many, many years for me between my last period of major depression and the present one. I did not see it coming but I got really sick, was bed bound with illness for a few weeks then depression, anxiety and CPTSD hit full force. In retrospect it was coming before I got sick but tried to push through rather than dealing with it. You have the advantage now of seeing it coming and are seeking help - that is both both self awareness and self care. 

As others have said - writing things doen is a great idea - I did that for both my GP and psychologist - mainly because I was so deep into that darkness that I could not talk. Take your time with your GP and let them know everything that is going on for you - it is so importsnt we are honest with our health professionals so we can get the righ support.

Lastly - welcome to the forum - I hope you find it the caring and supportive place that I do Smiley Very Happy

@Zoe7 thank you so much for responding.

if I can just get through tonight with all these voices I’m sure I can get help tomorrow.

i know I’m in the deepest pit but surely these voices will go away soon.

Eve7,
Have sent you an email checking in.
Dockers6
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Eve7 , just thought I would pop in a say hello. I am hoping that you are ok today and get some help from your GP. 

My own MH, was going along just fine until December now it's a complete mess. I didn't see it coming, I am so glad you where able to recognise it and have been brave enough to seek support as soon as you could. 💐

Former-Member
Not applicable

Sorry to hear that @Former-Member .

@Eve7 how did your appointment go, if you feel comfortable sharing?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.