Forums Home

Carers Forum

Acceptance, connection, support. Share the journey.

Safe, anonymous discussion for people living with mental illness, moderated 24/7 by mental health professionals.

Read the community guidelines
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Introduce yourself here

Hi ive been married to my husband for 9 years, he has schizoaffective disorder for around 18 years. Im a checkout chick who enjoys reading and watching tv.

Hello @NikNik xx

Hello everyone

I have been married to my Husband for 9 years

my husband has had depression and MI all his life

I am step mother of 4 adult children

Hi & welcome @Former-Member & @southerncross

Coincidently, you both have a loved one who has a diagnosis of schizoaffective disorder. I hope that in itself, helps you both feel less alone in your experiences.

@southerncross I'm so glad you have found helpful information here in the Forums. If you are looking for any other feedback, advice or support I strongly encourage you to start a new discussion here on the Forums or if you just want to connect with other members for a chat, there are some great social discussions like 'Hot Chocolate Anyone?' , which is like our own little virtual cafe Smiley Happy

@Former-Member I can see that you have branched out and started a thread and also tapped into 'Let's talk - how was your day'

I hope you both continue to find the Forums helpful Smiley Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @southerncross. We are also rural too but only a hour to hospital, so do understand that issue. My best advise is to find good specalists and see them reguarly. They are only a phone call away when needed and can advise on the phone of action to take. Normally costs a bit with the travel and the apointments but is worth every cent. My husband has the same condition so happy to help with anything you may need to know.

Thanks Sally and NikNik.

We are on a steep learning curve at the moment and the shared story's here have been invaluable.

While we are just starting to come to grips with the whole situation, people like yourselves and places like this let us know that while it might seem like an uphill struggle right now, it is not insurmountable.

Thankyou.

Good morning @southerncross Heart

how are you today ??

remember to put the @ infront of the name @Former-Member, @NikNik , and they will receive your message in their email messages xx

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @southerncross and @Shaz51 how is today going? Hubby slept to 1pm today so seems to have caught up on sleep he missed early in the week. I'm at work so busy.

How are you going @Former-Member xx

we got the afternoon off today , too hot up here'

hope it rains soon xx

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Shaz51 im going well. We are going to a Chrissy party tonight. Just gotta get through work first.
Highlighted

I don't know if it's too late to reply to this post so I'll have a go and see how I go. I care for my teenage son who was diagnosed schizoaffective during a long hospital stay just after he turned 15. My 13 year old has just started hearing voices. It's tough!

Some of my best friends have been horses.

I enjoy gardening (except weeding)

I am an introvert

For urgent assistance, call:

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.