Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Aonaran
Senior Contributor

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

It's gawky and sentimental, but then, so am I!

My favourite Christmas song, words by the late Hugh Martin, offered as my Christmas wish to folks here, posters and moderators all.

Have yourself a merry little Christmas,
Let your heart be light;
From now on our troubles will be out of sight.

Have yourself a merry little Christmas,
Make the Yule-tide gay, *
From now on our troubles will be miles away.

Here we are as in olden days, happy golden days of yore:
Faithful friends who are dear to us gather near to us once more.

Through the years we all will be together,
If the Fates allow --
Hang a shining star upon that highest bough --
And have yourself a merry little Christmas now.

* Or not, depending on personal inclination.

Nollaig chridheil dhuibh uile.  Merry Christmas, every one.

Aonaran

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

My favourite too! Must not appear in this version, but one of my favourite lines in the version Judy Garland sings (this surely helps in keeping the Yule tide gay! 😉) is: "Someday soon we all will be together, if the fates allow....Until then we'll have to muddle through somehow". To me the idea of having to muddle through somehow, offers a kind of hope. We are not alone in doing this. "Muddling through" is surely part of the human condition. Hope my stupid reference to Judy Garland is not offensive. Despite every part of my being telling me to delete it, lest someone should be offended, I have decided to leave it in because I was just making a silly joke and meant no offence. I so don't trust my own instincts that posting this now will be very hard for me. Changing the subject, I hope we all at least "muddled through" Christmas!
Franscene.

@Franscene, no reference is ever stupid..I love muddling through as it is something we all try and do..keep posting as I love what you write..

Hey @Aonaran 

I am a bit concerned we have not heard from you for a while. I hope you are travelling ok, and that nothing has triggered your abesnce. Please get in touch and let us know you are ok. If it was something on the forum which triggered you it would be very helpful for us to know that.

Hope endures... that you are travelling ok on this rough journey.

Kindest regards,

Kristin

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.