Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Cookie42
Contributor

Feeling quite good

Hi all 2017 has been a long hard year for me with trying for a baby and not getting pregnant and going into a major depression and very suicidal that i even attempted it. Started going to psychologist with no help but then she told me that i needed anti depressants so i tried them. At first it was hard for the 1st week and half i just felt sick but now i am starting to actually feel good and starting to feel like myself again. I know i need to still go to psychologist and deal with my issues but now i can actually think

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Feeling quite good

@Cookie42 That is good news.

Meds can take the edge off extreme feelings and help us keep perspective so we can get on with life.

Take care.

Thats is so true but i never believed that before

Hi @Cookie42! 🙂

It is wonderful to hear that you are starting to feel like yourself again and that you can think more clearly than earlier this year. @Appleblossom is right, sometimes medications can help us to stabilise a bit so that we can move forward with our life. It is good that you realise that you still need others supports too, like a psychologist, to help you deal with your struggles. I think an array of supports in important for recovery.

Kindest,

Amour_Et_Psyché

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.