Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Caring4Corny

Good to see you @Corny , and to hear things are ok ish. That’s all we can expect I think. 💚💜

@Former-Member @Faith-and-Hope @outlander @Former-Member  👋👋👋👋💜💜💜

Thank you ladies for your kind thoughts @Former-Member @Maggie @Faith-and-Hope @outlander @Former-Member. I am under water down here in ol' Sydney town. 

I haven't had any culinary successes @Former-Member, I was very frustrated the other day. My admission to the clinic was pretty abrupt last year and I left without having a chance to attend to the fridge etc so I am ashamed to say there were a lot of environmental crimes committed in this apartment Smiley Frustrated. It still pains me when I think of all the food I had to throw out from the fridge and the freezer when I got home. 

But one of the major fatalities was my Kombucha and Scoby. I had to throw it out. So I bought a new glass container the other day and the bloody thing broke when I was washing it, I was sooooo frustrated. Lots of things haven't been going to plan and my sib tells me that mercury is in retro grade or something.

But I will fight on and continue setting up my brewery in this little cottage of mine. A scoby is also called a mother, I needed a new one, and if she stays inside a jar its the perfect relationship for me. 

I borrowed a Lebanese cooking book from the library and a fermenting book.

I used to buy seeds in my 20s from the Diggers Club in Victoria......have you bought their heirloom seeds @Former-Member ....I will never have a garden, but I was thinking the other day I probably could grow a couple of tomato plants on the balcony, make it feel more homey ya know!

I envisage Mr Mason to look a bit like these fellas n that, wouldn't it just be heavenly having them snuggle in on a day like today!  Heart

Mr Mason.JPGSpoodle.JPG

Sounds a tad grey today @Corny .

” And if she stays inside a jar, that’s the perfect relationship for me” made me LOL. Thanks. I did need a laugh today.

Sending 💙💙💙💙💙

💜🌽💕 @Corny  .....

Its a wee wee wee bit more than a tad grey @Maggie @Faith-and-Hope. I think the roof is going to end up in pieces and the windows will bust open.

Don't you love the old dears that tile their entire front, back and side lawns in 70s kitchen tiles. They even put kitchen tiles around the base of all the trees. Bless them. Who needs to collect water in a drought anyways.

Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yikes @Corny 

Don't it seem that if something goes pear 🍐 shaped, everything else seems to follow. 

Yes, I have bought direct from Diggers, I think the yellow mini pear shaped tomato plant I have at present is from there via a nursery.

Herbs and leafy greens 🥬 are often a good choice for balcony gardens, you may already know Indira Naidoo the SBS presenter grows a heap on her balcony and has written a book about it. 

I realised today @Former-Member that just because I live in Sydney it doens't meant that I can't still be a homesteader.

I can have herbs, veggies, bees, worms, ferments, animals, a fire pit, a hammock, you name it, I can have it. Maybe not an orchard or a vineyard, but I can still have many things!

Smiley Very Happy

YES ....: ❣️
😁

@Corny 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Corny 

Corny's croft, balcony botany or the homestead herbarium.

Whatever you call it = yay. 

urban-farming-balcony-garden-(1).png

I really am a Homesteader aren't I @Former-Member. 

I definitely have the smallest global foot print in the whole family and as for my 'emissions' - they are very low. 

Not boasting or nothing, just stating facts.

The wind and rain is so loud I can't hear the music.

Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.