Skip to main content

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

Well done on consolidating socks and hosiery, @Dimity . I hope you can find / create a place for them. 

That's one problem of course - having to move other things to make room. 

I'm really upset - my new neighbour is a smoker. 😭 It's essential for my MH to sit outside in nature, and I haven't been able to do that for 4 years, due to my old neighbour smoking every 15 minutes. Now this. I can't seem to get over it. 

I hope your day goes OK today.

Yes that would be upsetting for you @NatureLover . But perhaps they won't smoke outside often, allowing you some time to sit outside in peace. 

In tenancy there's a right to quiet enjoyment but probably difficult to invoke and liable to cause friction. 

Are there any parks within walking distance,? 

Thanks for your kind reply, @Dimity . I was so upset I went to lie down. I'm trying to tell myself that it could be way worse, and I'm so fortunate in lots of ways. But honestly I'm just very upset. 

No real parks in walking distance, and anyway, I'm big on privacy. 

Maybe you're right and he won't smoke as often as the old neighbour did. But that was every 15 minutes, so anything would be better than that. 

How are you feeling today? 

Hugs @NatureLover . Yes hopefully he won't be such a heavy smoker as the old neighbour... sounds a bit extreme. 

I'm very down today but I guess things will improve. 

Sorry you feel so low today 😥

Is there anything you'd like to talk about? 

Do you feel up to a walk later, or are you too low? 

It's occurred to me that I've been awake since 1am and haven't been eating nutritionally, so maybe that's why I'm so upset. Will go and cook something now. But will keep my phone handy in case you want to talk. 

It was kind of you to be encouraging when you feel so depressed. 

@Dimity 

@NatureLover I'm just eating for the first time today too. I slept very late - went back to bed once or twice as I couldn't face the day.

Are your increased sleep meds not working? Are you anxious? Anxiety when I'm trying to settle keeps me from sleeping at a reasonable time.

I understand not being able to face the day and going back to bed. It's a horrible feeling 🫂

No, new sleep meds are only working every 4th or 5th night. 😥 Yes to the anxiety. 

Is there anything that would help your day to improve? 

@Dimity 

Sorry to hear you're anxious @NatureLover . Is it over anything you can do something about? 

I know that in principle I should be able to do something about my living situation given the resolve and the stamina but I don't think I can fix the social isolation.  There's no opportunity and it runs too deep... it's very painful. 

When I took sleep meds many years ago I was able to take them intermittently. A good night's sleep would carry me over for several days and perhaps reduced my risk if dependence.  If yours aren't working for you can you consult the doctor again?

I'll shower and get moving... 

Sorry it's so painful @Dimity 😥

Resolve and stamina are precious and not easily come by. Especially when you're suffering in body and mind. 

I was going to cancel my October appt with the psychiatrist as I had the extra appt recently and it's very expensive. However I might keep the appt to discuss the sleep meds. 

Not sure about the anxiety. Have to think some more about it. 

Good luck with getting moving today...I hope just having a shower will help. 🫂

Thanks for your kind chat - I feel less upset due to that and to a decent meal. 

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.