Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A new start (kind of)

hope the gym helps and your day improves @Flying_Hams

Thanks my friend @outlander
Take care today 🙂

@Flying_Hams hey hope you feel better soon. Take care.

Feeling much the same today @Flying_Hams but for different reaons. I am heading to work soon to try to get everything done before tomorrow and hoping that it will all work out and I will feel a bit more at ease afterwards.

Hope the gym helps for you - exercise can often help clear our minds a little and gives us more energy to get through the day. The 'overwhelming' stuff will still be there but maybe be a little eaier to deal with.

Very much hearing you though on being over it - look towards tomorrow if you can and the possible opportunities that may bring with it Smiley Happy

I got a call from someone today @Zoe7
In relation to an application asking if I wanted adjustments due to disability. I said no because it just stresses me out and j don't think I am good for it. That is for people who need it more than me.

Also a call from someone else from seek similar to the one the other day. A bit like the place I am going to tomorrow.

Finished gym. Did okay I think. Getting coffee now and then home to work on business stuff.

@Flying_Hams 

Its that kind of day for me too. 

Smiley Frustrated

Overwhelmed, but there have been reasons. Still getting things done.

You are doing really well mate.  You keep chipping away at the right stuff. 

Smiley Happy

I was at a mental health public lecture at my old uni this week. The young people there remind me of you. For everybody. Life is tough.  

I also made similar call re level of "care" offered suggesting I needed someone to take me shopping.  I told her I would NOT feel better that way. I would just feel stupid.  Getting the support levels right is so important.  Not to infantilise or deprive us of our ABILITIES ...

Getting someone that the NDIA delegate suggested seems to be a hard ask.  Mental Health OTs dont seem a dime a dozen...getting the glove to fit the hand ... or the services to fit the need ....????  I am actually working on that from my angle .... and I wonder that you are probably doing it from yours .... with your business interest.

Anyway ... just popping by to say hello.

My son had me worried sick and then last time he answered phone said he thought he might be on a date, but was not sure .... I can call in a couple of hours ....Life's rollercoaster huh!

Take Care

I’m hearing you @Flying_Hams 

hope the gym helps you 

I’m sure the cold weather doesn’t help. 

Take care ❤️

how are you HeartSmiley Happyfeeling now @Flying_Hams 

Good news about the phone call @Flying_Hams Yet another avenue for you to look for work and hopefully something comes of this one or the interview tomorrow you have.

Great that you made it to the gym today too buddy Smiley Happy I hope your evening is an easy one and you can do some things for yourself Smiley Happy

hey @Appleblossom @Shaz51 @Zoe7 @BlueBay

I have had an okay arvo. Had a decent lunch which helped I think.

Just did some notes from yesterday's meeting and set out a broad plan for the next week. We need to stay on topic. That's hard lol. But it is a start I think.

I am gonna take a shower and freshen up as it's cold tonight. Then I will have a nice drink as I haven't had one for a while.

I have decided to forego saturday night's meetup as I am just bored of meeting new people and it going nowhere. Sunday there is something on with some of the people who I know better from it as a separate event so that's good. Will be better I reckon.

Tomorrow will be about me finding out if I want the organisations help. I didn't apply for this job. I wouldn't have either. But they seem knowledgeable so I will see what happens.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.