Skip to main content

Re: A long rave

Thanks for your support @TAB and @MDT  and your beautiful reply Hams.  Very much appreciated.  Yes I'm a little better today - partly coz I took a prn med about 5am and am probably still feeling it a bit.  But also coz I get to be here by myself til tomorrow.

Hi @eth , thanks for tagging us CGs in Training...I also have agoraphobia and it's got worse during lockdown. I'm sorry your new psychologist cancelled and that you had a PTSD incident in the chemist. Good luck with your Public Housing Application...I know how horrible the application process is. 

Thanks a lot @NatureLover .  Yes the housing app is rather harrowing.  It's such a balance between proving how difficult things are at the same time as proving you will be able to manage to sustain a tenancy successfully (in my case with significant supports).  The medical assessment yesterday was a pronounced example of this.  As was my psychiatrist's support letter.  After a year and a half process of jumping through hoops to get NDIS, I am finding this process really draining.  Thanks for your reply.  

thinking of you @eth
sorry im a little short on words today but am reading and sending much love and hugs to you
💜

Thankyou @outlander   Sending love and hugs right back to you xx

@eth  So sorry you are going through such a difficult time at the moment. I think a few days to yourself will be really good. Tension with family, especially living so closely, can be so triggering.

Sorry you psych cancelled. Even though it’s unavoidable, we still feel the effects. We prepare emotionally, it takes a lot of effort.

Sending some 💜💜💜, hoping you get some rest this afternoon.

Forgot to add the pic @eth  😩😩

A87E4681-D146-4A9F-A115-6C86D45E524A.jpeg

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @Maggie ... your pic just came through ... I know someone else who would love that picture.  @Former-Member 

EOR I hope your psych appointment went well this morning.  

@eth ... gosh so much happening for you lately.  I know that feeling, sadly.  Please do not feel you have to support everyone here when you are not feeling up to it yourself.  You support so many of us here already, and we know you will continue to do so, as and when you can.  Meanwhile you need to concentrate on your own issues at hand.  Work your way through them all, and tick them off your list.  You'll get there.  Sorry I have no wonderful words of wisdom, but my heart feels strongly for your situation.  And I am thinking of you with affection and admiration for how well you cope with all that you need to in your daily life.  You may sometimes feel you are not making headway ... but from what I know of you and your past ... I think you have made fantastic progress.  Perhaps your new MH professionals in your team can help you to make further progess as well.  Sometimes it takes a fresh set of eyes.  Sometimes we need to step outside of our comfort zone, with tentative steps.  But also knowing we can step back into safety if we need to.  Slowly test ourselves in a safe manner.  Keep up the good work.  And I have to say that now that there are an additional 12 Guides on the books, it must take a lot of pressure of the original 7.  I think thats a very good thing.  So sit back when you need to, and dont ever feel bad for needing to do so.

Sherry 👍🌺

Thanks heaps @Maggie  and @Former-Member  for your very caring replies.  I have to say I've just had a 'yarning up' zoom with a bunch of women from the disability alliance and I feel so much better.  With the others gone too, I feel so much lighter.  All necessary tasks can wait til at least tomorrow if not Monday.  Hoping I'll still be feeling better tomorrow to do the Saturday Soiree - all welcome!!   But will probably sleep in if anyone else wants to get it started.

@eth Thank you so much for sharing! 

You know what @eth ? Your honesty and true genuiness shines through your post. It's easy to post the best things happening in our lives, but sharing our challenges and weaknesses takes guts. 

Humans are social beings. We thrive on connecting with people. If it means a social worker, then so be it. Sometimes, it's easier talking to someone who is not family. You know what's best for you @eth .

My support is with you.

hugs,

BPDSurvivor

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.