Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Hearing you Eude

Smiley FrustratedSmiley Mad

@eudemonism 

I know some say dont listen to doctor google, but I have found it useful, and found that one med I am on can lead to agitation and anger .... so thats the one I am cutting out first .... slow and steady.  I noticed it a year ago, because I was struggling with anger more than was reasonable for current circumstances .... my pdoc agreed (I would have reduced it anyway) but it was good to know we were on the same page.

If your medical team are too lacksadaisical about your care ... start experimenting with other mental health professionals. That is how I have gradually learned ... and it has been slow ... but I am feeling much better this year. Medicine is now such a complicated thing, active involvement of the person being treated helps .... as far as I can see from all the research I have done.  Nobody knows you like you.

Smiley Happy 

hi @Angels333 I really pleased for you that you feel better today. It sounds like you find the psychologist appointments helpful which is great for you. Good on you for writing down your list. How did it go?

Thanks for the library detail, that's very cute & put a smile on my dial. I'm so glad there's a library out there that meets your daughter's needs for study. The  libraries I work in work hard to meet the needs of teens & young people, it's there for them.

I'm feeling a bit sad and lonesome tonight. Not quite sure why. It's partly because I'm organising a winery lunch for a bunch of friends. It's supposed to be a nice relaxing day for me but my friends are all being a bit diva & high-maintenance which is stressful for me, more work & time when I need my energy to focus on perfomring well at my new jobs. I'm  remembering why I never organise social get togethers.

Hey @BryanaCamp the social get together will be a blast with you at the helm.

Psychologist was stressful, it was full of tears we were discussing my brothers funeral.    Psychologist was really gentle and compassionate but challenging at the same time.  

I'm really drained after the last few days, I'll be heading to bed early. 

Sending love to all who were here today or are passing through tonight Heart 

Hi Eth,

Just wanted u to know that u r doing a wonderful job supporting me and so many others on the forum and u r very much appreciated. You hav a lot going on at the moment and u need to make sure u look after u first, then give out of what u hav left, not the other way around. I dont think any of us wld want u to feel pressured as a result of ur supporting us, or feeling like ur not supporting us, on the forum. We value u @eth  and want u to look after u. 

This is in response to ur text a cpl of days ago - u may b feeling better now. Will read ur more recent posts.

Take care of u. Xxx

Thankyou so much @Doglover  your words mean so much to me at this time.  Heading for bed now but will catch you soon.  Tomorrow's another busy day but I'll def be around on Thursday.  Take care, sleep well and have a peaceful day tomorrow.

I hope ur meeting with the NDIS coordinator went well today @eth , as well as ur time with ur support worker.

💜 doglover

Thanks @eth , ur support means a lot to me and so many of ur forum friends. I hope all goes well with ur busy day tmrw. Remember to allow time to care for u. 💜 Xxx

Hi and good morning @Doglover @eth @Ali11 @BryanaCamp @Appleblossom @MDT @Adge @Faith-and-Hope @Zoe7 @Owlunar I'm sorry if I missed people xx

Well to cut to the chase husband and I are really broke atm psychologist psychiatrist and medication is all costing too much.    I had to postpone daughter's psychologist appointment. 

Anyway some good news is I've saved and have enough money to buy some new timber to start a new painting.    That's my thing painting.    I finished an artwork in hospital and it's been 6 weeks so I need to start a new one.   So I'm off to Bunnings now to buy some wood!    Then I might get stuck into sanding it.     

Hoping you all are having a peaceful morning.    If you're working I hope it's not too stressful.   I'm going back to work next week after 12 weeks off due to MH, I'm already feeling the anxiety....

Anyway best wishes for today for you all xx

Angels333

Hi @Gazza75 @Mazarita @Angels333 @Doglover @eth @Appleblossom @BlueBay 

That's a beautiful picture @Faith-and-Hope  - I love it - 

And @Gazza75  - learning the piana and how to read music made it easier to learn to play the guitar - I taught myself when I was teaching Christian Education in schools - there was a little girl who went read with embarrasment when I was singing unaccompanied and but the next week I had a new guitar and three chords - it helped with my slasses and for the rest of the time - years - I was teaching the kids really loved the guitar

Anyway - I got through yesterday okay - better than I thought - it did hit me today and I had a bad start - I am not sure how I started to feel better but maybe after all this time I have found ways I don't think about - time does pass and I got a coffee and watched something I recorded on the development of the climate on Mars and Earth with fantastic computer graphics - I have a wide range of interests - some of them unusual - maybe this makes a difference because there is always something I can look up on the net or read in my private library -

Then I do have days when that doesn't work - I get it peeps - been in the pits in the past. All I can say is that time passes and things change

All the best everyone - some days are worse than others - there are worse times than others - this I understand

Dec

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.