Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content)

hey @Emelia8 

it was nice to hear from you; and thanks for updating us.

i am glad you are starting to feel you want to eat again, gee two weeks is a long time with no food.

and i am happy to read things are progressing even though slowly but surely.

sending big hugs and love

xxxxoooo

Ohhh @Emelia8 , sending you lots of hugs and sitting with you my awesome friend ❤❤❤

Thanks for the update @Emelia8 

I hope things continue along the recovery path. Sometimes that is a long journey but hoping it is worth it.

Take care and rest up 💗💗

Hi @Emelia8 , glad you've had some medical attachments removed. 

Was shocked at the 2 weeks without food! And at the pain meds and anti-nausea meds not working well 😞

I hope you continue to improve more everry day 💜

Morning tea with my bestie @Emelia8 

I’ve brought my mum along too. Can you believe she won’t go to her granddaughter’s wedding? However, she’s happy to join us for morning tea!

The chai is ready and so are the scones but the picture won’t upload.

i Hope today goes really well for you,

💕💚🌷🌺🌻🌼🍰🍬🧁💚💕

I am so sorry Im late @Eve7 

Physio chose my chai time to do a physio assessment. 

If you and your mum are still there,  Im back now and ready for that much needed chai. And scones are a bonus. 

What a shame your mum wont attend her granddaughters wedding 😔  Perhaps she just isnt feeling up to it,  and doesnt want to be a bother to anyone on such a big occasion? 

Funny story.   I nearly blew my SANE cover this morning.  An admin clerk came to my room to get some paperwork signed. 

I glanced up and noticed her name on her nametag.  EMELIA.  I was so close to blurting out "oh,  thats how I spell my name too"!  As you know,  the common spelling is Amelia.  It could have taken some explaining, had I not bitten my tongue, that the name I am admitted under is not the same as the name I just laid claim to.  😂

@Emelia8 Saw you had recently posted so hoping to have an almost in time tea party. So glad that you are up to having chai, after all the tangles of tubes. 

@Eve7 Can you cope with gate crashers?

@Snowie @Shaz51 

@NatureLover 

🤣😂 hugs my @Emelia8 xxx

Hello dear @Emelia8 

I have had time out again and missed your updates.

I am yet again astounded by the effort that you make to write on the forums and let everyone know how you currently are faring, given everything that you have been and are still going through.

That is without any doubt one major operation with countless tubes still being removed and unsure how many remaining. No wonder no food.

Please be reminded of how much strength and courage you have endured in the past and now in the present.

You continue to inspire and shine in everyone's eyes here as well as my own, from what I read. This is despite the obstacles that have been placed in front of you on far too many occasions.

I cross everything and hope that all will run smoothly from hereon in and only lead to a path of progress and healing for you.

You deserve new beginnings in your new home where you can begin to look forward to enjoy a far better quality of life.

I realise that many think that I ramble on.

I have come to know you though, Emelia.I feel that you understand me and realise that I truly want this for you; as though I knew you in  real life.

So without further adieu I say again: Onwards and upwards to the next part of Emelia's story.

Please take care

Sophia1 sending you love

💚

Hi all, my apologies for not updating my thread here in such a long time.  Life has been pretty hard is all.  I have been on a few other threads as and when I could, but just not been around much at all lately.

But in brief.  I was transferred from Sydney hospital via air ambulance back to my local hospital on 24th November to begin some inhouse rehab.  It was good to get out of the city after two and a half weeks in the big smoke.  About a week longer in the city hospital than originally planned, due to the complications both during and post surgery.

I then had two weeks in the rehab unit in my local hospital.  That was going alright, though slowly.  Not permitted to do much for at least 6 weeks post surgery anyway, but it was nice to be able to get around with my walking frame and at least walk the hallways unaided.  Sadly, my stay was cut a little short due to a major outbreak of COVID in the hospital.  I was totally surrounded by COVID in the end, with all rooms opposite and alongside me both sides all shut down and isolating.  I was a lone little island in a sea of covid in the end.  They kept testing mean and I kept testing negative thankfully.  But due to the heavy outbreak and with so many of my fellow gym goers coming down with COVID, they halted the rehab program in order to protect the patients and prevent further spread.  So there was little point in me staying any longer and I elected to escape earlier than planned.  They determined that provided I could get in to see my GP and nurse early this week (I see them today) for a wound and medications check, that they would release me.  So I got home from hospital last Wednesday afternoon, armed with a supply of heavy duty opiate pain killers to get me through to at least Monday.  4 and a half weeks after my initial admission, I'm home.  Boy, was I happy to finally be back into my own bed and have my own pillow at last.

I am managing reasonably okay so far.  I managed to do a Coles online order which was delivered on the weekend.  Never done one before, so that was an experience.  At least now I have fresh fruit and veges and some real food in the house. I was living off tins in the cupboard, and a bottle of milk I bought at  the little hospital cafe while waiting for the taxi to pick me up upon discharge. I am unable to drive until I get surgeon clearance next month, so I am isolated at home on my own now.  Which reminds me, I need to book a taxi for my GP/nurse appointment later this morning.  Its hard, and I am finding myself lapsing into depression these past few days.  I hope it doesn't get too much worse.

Just wanted to thank everyone for your support while I was in hospital.  It was much appreciated.  Anyway I'm home now.  My clinical psych has been keeping in touch with me, which is kind of her.  She told me she would support me post surgery and she has kept her word on that. She is aware that surgery and anaesthetic can escalate anxiety and PTSD.  We discussed this in the months prior to my surgery, and ways to try to overcome it.

@Sophia1 @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @Eve7 @NatureLover @Bow @Snowie @BlueBay @Faith-and-Hope @TuxedoCat @amber22 @outlander @TAB @Judi9877 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.