Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content)

20200308 (5)_1.jpeg

🌿🐣

Hi @Emelia8 - sorry I've not been round much as I go a bit nutzo around my birthday, gets flipped off as self inflicted... so what2do but withdraw.... No matter, each day is enough, one at a time.
Sorry to hear your Holly isnt the best, and you feel you're 'running out of options' for her 😢 bit sad when you realise the clock is ticking on our furbabies 😞.. . Enjoy her while you can🐶. My GG(GeorgiaGirl) got vaccinations last week but needs decay scraped off teeth under anaesthetic next month - expensive exercise. She just came up for a big hug. Need that.
It's Good ya dad's surgery outcomes ok - skin integrity / healing deteriorates with age, give it time. And what about you, numb arm AND numb leg (shaking head) what's causing the leg numbness? do you have lower back issues? Not for the faint hearted this ageing business :face_with_rolling_eyes: Sorry the breast pain is lasting so long... Sheesh, I couldn't endure what you have had to to. You must be so strong, though I know you probably feel the opposite, I know 😞
I have been thinking of you. Just not coping myself lately, mood all over the place... but glad you have some really steady supports here thank goodness. Such a rotten 6months for you. Keep on keeping on Em xox

@Emelia8  so sorry to read about your furbaby running out of treatment options 😞 You must be very anxious and sad. 😞

Also sorry to read you're still in pain 😞 

Sending much 💜

Hi @Emelia8 

Hope you're ok? Sending love and hugs to you, Holly and your Dad. Hoping things have improved 🤞🙏💞

Good morning my sister xoxo @Emelia8 ❤❤❤

Hope you had a ok sleep  last night xx 

Good morning @Emelia8  hope you and holly are doing ok today. How is the vertigo... if that is perhaps what it is..? Thinking of you today, know that you are worried about your furbaby. 💜🤗

Sending you lots of tender hugs @Emelia8 sitting together with you 

@Bow  @Anastasia , @NatureLover , @Former-Member ❤❤❤

Good morning @Emelia8 

Hoping today is kind to you and you have a good day.

Lots of love and hugs 💜💜💜

@Emelia8, I love you more than words 💞

Screenshot_2021-04-07-09-30-14-44.jpg

@Former-Member  I love the beautiful water lily picture, thank you.  Thank you also for your always kind thoughts, you are a lovely kind soul. Yes life has been hard here for the past 6 months or so.  But it has been for many others too, including yourself.  I'm sorry your birthdays continue to be a difficult time for you.  In answer to your question ... yes, I have a long term lower back injury ...squished L4/L5 and L5/S1 discs and permanent nerve root damage. The nerve damage was done many years ago when I incurred the injury and the pressure on the nerves were not released for many months.  So I have numbness, tingling sensation, weird sensory stuff down the back of my left leg and also into my ankle and foot.  And my back injury flares up on occasion causing extreme pain and inability.  Touch wood ... it has been fairly stable the past 6 months. 

Thanks @NatureLover ... yes very anxious about my little furbaby.  Although the last couple of days she has had an easier night, so I live in hope that her breathing issues may miraculously resolve.  As for my post surgery and radiation pain ... I think I have to learn to live with that unfortunately.

@Anastasia ... my Dad sees his GP today for a check up and then the surgeon tomorrow to monitor his graft wounds.  Hoping all okay there.  Also hoping to visit him next week for 5 or 6 days, all going well.  Just dreading the long drive there and back, and also worrying about leaving Holly and/or taking her with us.  I have an appointment with my psychologist early this afternoon, which is probably good timing.  Still waiting for your picture to come through so will have to check back later.  Love you more too my beautiful friend.

Beautiful caring supportive @Shaz51 ... thank you so much.  Love and big hugs to you also, as you continue to deal with so much in your life.

Hi @Bow and thank you.  Yes I suspect it was vertigo.  I had it really badly that one day, and the following day it continued but not as bad.  But it seems to have gone now, so fingers crossed it stays away.  It is a very uneasy feeling and not something I would wish on another.  Enjoy your city visit with your little girl, it sounds like she is very much looking forward to it all.  And I hope you are also.  I hope it will be a memorable few days, something to recall for future birthdays.

Thank you @Snowie ... ever present lovely supporter of so many here.  I am very grateful for your presence.

A quick hello and 'thinking of you' to 

@Clawde @Peri @WIP @Eve7 @Lee82 @Bellarose75 @BlueBay @Owlunar @Appleblossom @greenpea @Adge @Faith-and-Hope @Zoe7  and any others I may have missed.

Thank you everyone ... I would not be here but for you.

Emelia 💞

See the source image

Some good news about Holly @Emelia8 I hope her breathing difficulties have resolved themselves - it may have been some swelling after the surgery or soreness that she felt that was uncomfortable for her. Whatever the reason I hope it has resolved itself Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.