Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

bluedog
Casual Contributor

trust in family members

hi.  recently my sister and I made up after a long time of not talking because I had had enough of her being a bully and controlling me, making my decisions for me, constantly telling me what to do, when I could do things and so on.  

About a week ago my niece was in town and invited me to a family bbq.  My parents and I aren't talking because my father did not respect me and came around and tried to break and enter the house and i had the police called.  My sister told me to apologise and speak with him I said that I wouldn't.  So I thought we would start to get along again as we were just generally talking and catching up.  Little did I know that she was up to her old tricks and telling me what to do again.  

During the day she won't talk to me as she says that she is in pain, which she probably is due to health reasons, but will speak to the parents in the morning and at night, but won't speak to me only to tell me that she is having an off day.  Last night i put out there on fb that i was looking to get a cat.  She happily replied on messenger that i needed permission to get a cat.  It was a nothing comment in the scheme of things, but knowing what she is like it was coming from a place of being able to control me.  She only came out of the woodwork to tell me what to do.  I'm so angry at her.  

1 REPLY 1

Re: trust in family members

Thanks for your post bluedog. Its a bit quiet on the forum right now but hopefully you can have a chat about your thoughts with someone a little later. 

Cheers

NiteKat (moderator)

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.