Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: the longest wait while being petrified

no @Former-Member it was hard enough jsut getting a baby sitter besides me becasue its school holidays and everyones working. mum didnt want to take the day off so i had to amke other arrangements.

i dont have anyone else to come with me.

ill have a nurse or 2 and the gp in there anyway

good luck at mr darcys appointment too. hope the op isnt too serious for him either

takeing it one day and step at a time is so hard!

Hi @outlander

Perhaps another forum member can sit with you if needed.

As @Former-Member says, you need to recognise and accept your feelings in order to deal with them in a healthy way.

When we try and numb our pain we also numb our joy, we cannot be selective about this.
Emotions are like waves of the ocean, they will come and go for sure, sometimes gentle and calm, sometimes rough and stormy. There are safety precautions we need to observe (emotional hygiene), swimming between the flags and knowing what to do if you get caught in a rip, learning how to surf ...

I have got the surfboard out at the moment, Mr Darcy having major surgery. Despite this I still look for things to be thankful for or the simple pleasures, just like at the beach, there are the life guards (bonus if they are good looking), the person in a crochet bikini, little ones experiencing a wavelet for the first time ...

Darcy

im sure someone will be around 🙂 @Former-Member

ive got learn to surf better, im working on that still.

im getting better at it but still not as good as what it could be. might have to come and join you for a surf or 2 and get some pointers from you.

im still trying to see the good things like having the forums here for support, the weather when its nice, the beauty of nature and all those flowers at the gardens

how are you handling things? i hope your coping the best you can, im here for you too Heart

Be gentle with yourself @outlander learning to surf can take time. Balancing on the surfboard for those who are not athletic can take time and there will be tumbles, all a learning experience.

WIN_20170924_13_08_06_Pro.jpgI hope you like this sketch I did of a Golden Cocker Spaneil puppy, you can have it to brighten your day. I love the waves @outlander thank you for giving me my hearts desire.

Love

Bella XO  🙂

thanks @Former-Member i know its all about learning. its just taking forever.

after tuesday i have another week of waiting to see how dangerous this thing is

better start by buying a surfboard first hey

thats really great @Former-Member your a really good drawer!

thanks 🙂

only 2 more days to go. the nerves are scary! and then another week of waiting for test results

hello guys

@Former-Member@Former-Member@optimouse@Former-Member@Former-Member@Faith-and-Hope@Sans911@Owlunar@Former-Member

does anyone have any physical and mental preparation strategies for tuesday?

any at all?

anything that i should be doing before and afterwards?

Hi @outlander,

Can you take something into listen to on your phone for before hand and maybe afterwards too. Such as a playlist of soothing music, a mindfulness/meditation/relaxation track (you can download them from the internet), maybe use an app like the smiling mind app. 

I always think listening to things helps me stay calm.

Is there someone who is going to be with you before hand and afterwards (you shouldn't have to go through this yourself)

You do know however that we will all be thinking about you on Tuesday and helping you as best as we can along the way. Heart I'll try and think of some more things!

@outlander hey sweetie. @Former-Member her suggestion is what I would have advised you to try. But start tonight, and then do 2or 3 times tommorrow & once more before your procedure. I did this before my gallbladder surgery earlier this year, and it helped a lot. I also had a sore on my head for about 4months that was not healing and getting bigger. My GP and dermatologist thought it might be a skin cancer. So I've been through the same thing your going through. And even though I'm a nurse, it was scary waiting for the result, which was clear. You have no idea of the outcome, and fingers crossed it will be negative. Just try and stay focused on a good outcome. You have so many other things going on you could end completely spiralling out of control. Also remember to tell the doctors and nurses how anxious you are. I'll be around Tuesday so I'll be right there with you.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.