Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

wordman
Senior Contributor

recovery

Understand what are the essential elements of recovery. Understanding yourself is the key to a fulfilling recovery. Life, with its ups and downs is perplexing and can leave one bewildered. Dispense with the perplexities of life by asserting a lifestyle that is conducive to good health. I know this is a philosophical view of recovery and is somewhat difficult to put into practice. There a lifestyle choices that can make a big difference in recovery. Minimalistic lifestyle, proper nutrition and diet, controlling your finances so you are not under financial stress, eliminating stress from your life by understanding what stresses you out. There is a lot to undertake to receive wholistic benefits from recovery. A proper and beneficial recovery is hard work but it must be endured and persevered with in order to achieve a happy and fulfilling life. I hope I can be of assistance to anyone out there who  wishes to discuss their recovery. I am interested in listening to other peoples path of recovery. To know what they have achieved and accomplished. Look forward to anyone wishing to respond to this post. Happy recovery all. May you all live happy and fulfilling lives.  

2 REPLIES 2

Re: recovery

Your message was so great, I wanted to contribute something. Then I came upon this youtube on dopamine circuitry. It's a pretty clever tip for building capacity for capacity building.

It reminds me of the "maximum effort" self-buff/catch-phrase from the Deadpool movies. Sometimes Deadpool just says "maximum effort" and then does amazing things. It's not one one of his official super-powers. More like drawing on where training meets lived experience.

Also reminds me of Bear Grills the survival instructor. i.e. whether it's rations or dopamine, smaller spoons = more yum yums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWzakqerPUw

Re: recovery

Hello wellwellwellnez. I like your chosen name. Thank you for your comment regarding my post. I found your reply most interesting. I am not familiar with the Deadpool movies. I assume you have found insight via Deadpool movies. You have a way of analysing quite deeply. Stay well. Look Forward to hearing more of your insights. Cheers wordman 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.