Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Change123
Senior Contributor

disappointed in myself let my rage out

Well I feel better but a bit ashamed.  This time wasnt work as such but an issue work has had with Australia Post near our work for the past 18 months.  I have had the Ombudsman involved as well.

They are holding our mail in the same place where our PO box is but not putting in the box and they are not advising us.  We found out a few weeks ago they were doing this and held all mail as I was told it wouldnt happen again.

It has again and I just went down to see them - I asked the woman nicely " can I please see your manager"  the women just laughed at me and scoffed "you think you can see the manager"! I said I'm not bloody moving till I do!" and I told her I dont appreciate her attitude. When her boss comes he is already looking for a fight.  Anyway I wasnt prepared to put up with his shit anymore  or the way he talked to me so I let lose and told him (excuse the swearing that) " he couldnt find a fart in a fucken arsehole"  and some more choice words.  My post would be too big if I told you the whole story .  I actually told my boss that I felt bad because I didnt act professionally but being her she thought it was good.

Anyway feeling mixed emotions now, very pissed off with myself I should not have let myself be reduced to rage and call him names.  mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm and just when I thought I was going good! 😞

5 REPLIES 5

Re: disappointed in myself let my rage out

Ah @Change123

You've been there and done that and told people what you thought and you feel a bit better after letting off steam

Seeing as you can't change that - feel good about it. After all - they are not treating you well

I love what you said about not being able to find whatever wherever - that's really clever.

Decadian

Hi @Change123,

there is nothing wrong with getting angry at someone, so long as you know why you are angry and you are prepared to do something constructive to resolve the situation. Sometimes the most constructive thing you can do is to walk away..... sometimes its better to write a formal complaint and sometimes you really do need to confront the person directly, in the moment.

Being assertive, forceful and direct is great, but resorting to swearing and name-calling is not too good... but it's happened now and there is no need to beat yourself up about it. Just try and learn from what happened.... and promise yourself you will do better next time.

I have a bad temper and I can lose it completely at times. I always regret it, even though it feels quite good in the moment.  Gradually, as I get older, I have learnt not to fear my own anger and to accept it. Anger comes and goes.... it isn't really dangerous and it wont harm me, even though it can be extremely uncomfortable at times. I just have to be aware of it and manage it. Just like any other emotion- like sadness for example. 

@Change123, the good thing is that now you have the luxury of being reflective and taking stock of yourself. Think about what you really would have liked to say to the Post Office people.  "You are incompetent" is always a good one. Smiley Wink

Thanks @Sahara @Decadian

Yes I know I have to let it go now, no point kicking myself over it now.  I can usually be quite professional in these cases and handle it but I guess after 18 months of the same crap and lies from them and telling them they are incompentent I dont know how many times, my emotions got the better of me.  I'm not scared to hold that anger but in that instance I didnt think they deserved my usual politeness and wanted them to know exactly how pissed off I was but yes I could have done that in a much better way.  I have by the way spoken to Aust Post complaints and told them honestly how I reacted, fortunately they just laughed and said going by your history with issues with them I dont blame you.  So I guess the fact they understood that as well - I feel a bit better. 

Thanks I feel a bit calmer now anyway.

hello you lost it, you walked, another day tomorrow. however what is the ombudsman doing about this? Isnt it illegal to withhold mail. Something is not quite right here. I had to deal with the telecommunications ombudsman for optus over an 18month period some 15-20years ago. When I questioned lack of contact re what was happening I was told after being kept on hold for some time oh that person has been on leave!!! well that did not sit well with me so they received an even more assertive fax detailing every contact I had with them from the beginning. Your manager or even higher should be dealing with this. Have they ever given a reason why this is happening?

@Former-Member

We have a problem that we cant have a letter box where we are due to trucks constantly coming in and out - its a bit dangerous and my boss is very stubborn - there is another thread on that.  

Most of the problem has been lack of communication between customer service and that postal depot and lack of caring too! I got told by customer service complaints to fix our initial problem with parcels we had to cancel our redirection from our street address to our post office box and stated we want if something is addressed to our street address to send there if addressed to our po box send there.  What they didnt tell us is that if we dont have a mail box on the property and no redirection they just hold the mail until you collect because without the redirection they have no authority.  But we initially got a letter days after cancelling our redirection and when I rang customer service complaints they told me they had fixed it but hadnt unknown to us.  So I only just found out about this redirection thing after the rage so now we have done another redirection adn will see how it goes.  Look my boss is being perdantic on purpose which doesnt help but Aust Post communication and customer service is such a disgrace.  The ombudsman wont investigate reason being that under Aust Post terms and conditions if we dont have a letter box they dont deliver and the ombudsman said its a corporate thing that we have to abide by like a supplier and there is nothing he can do about it!

I think just too hard basket.  My manager deal with this!  oh boy she deals with nothing the owner of the company, she rants and raves to us and bullies and makes us carry out her illogical decisions whether we like it or not.  She is actually a real coward as she never faces the turmoil she creates.  I'm also the HR/ Office Manager so I can understand her assigning this to me - I just didnt cope well on the day.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.