Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Worry Room - Get it out, and walk away: No responses please

I can't sleep because I feel too sad. This sadness is a weird, twisted one. It's a self-inflicted loss that in so many ways I don't feel I have a right to experience. It was the right thing but it can feel so wrong. I find that really confusing and difficult to make sense of.

So much of me is saying to myself that I don't have time for this, that I made my bed, that I need to suck it up and get over it. It feels deep and painful at times though and when it wants to it comes spilling out. It creeps up on me when there is nothing else I can do but stop and listen to it. I don't want to listen, I just want it to go away.

I worry this one will leave an inside scar that's going to take a lot to heal.

Something went seriously wrong in my communication with work this morning.

They demandined I get medically certified as fit before they will let me returnto  work.

Until then I'm on Permanent leave.

Only $300 per week (next 3 weeks).

Then nothing.

They refused to pay sick leave.

I've also been put back on 3 month probabtion (it appears) when I return to work (with Dr's approval).

I'm being forced to sign a new employment contract  with regular supervision by managers.

I'm in total overwhelm.

I had a brilliant anual employment review on about 2 weeks ago, now this.

I just don't understand.

Adge

Adge

I know we are not meant to reply in this thread, @Adge, but just want you to know I have read the shocking events of your day and really feel for you. Though there's nothing much practical any of us can do for you on the forum, my full moral support goes out to you.

I need all the support I can get @Mazarita Thanks so much.

This is almost tipping me over the edge.

Adge

I'm worried there has been no improvement even on these new meds. My body has so much anxiety in it, I cannot keep still. I walk around in circles doing nothing all day. The only thing that gives me relief is sleeping. So I take meds to make me sleepy so I can sleep some of the day away. My kids are on holidays and I am even struggling to do things with them. My life is becoming one huge giant jumbled up mess which I cannot see a way out of.

I feel weird inside, like something has fizzled. What I'm feeling isn't a death wish but more like a twisted desire to leave it to chance or tempt fate alongside a fight not to, kind of thing. I don't want to stop living but I don't exactly care much for being alive right now.

These feelings are taking over despite trying so hard to manage them and keep them under control. I am angry at myself that my best efforts to prevent this maybe haven't been enough. The flags are there waving at me to ease up yet there is a relentlessness to life that doesn't allow for that. I'm willing myself to push through it knowing things will slow down a little soon but soon feels so far away.

Life really sucks
Be positive..... Have faith....
That is hard to do when nothing seems to go right.
I have crumbled and now i need to put back the pieces.

Hugs and love @outlander

Thinking of you ❤️❤️

As much as there are many I do not want to leave behind...

I have had enough..

Another post rejected for goodness knows what...No email...I have been patiently waiting...

I understand the principle behind the process...

Really sometimes!

one rejection was for suggesting chamomile tea!

today I responded to a thread that I thought was very worthwhile..

I opened up about a very vulnerable...fragile major time in my life which stole my self esteem

I tried to offer suggestions...

no not advice...

suggestions...

fine so be it ...reject..

I can live with that...

not when at the same time I have witnessed several posts over recent times where heartbreaking posts are written....exposing such very tender feelings....no response received...

I thought this had been addressed...

well you might not get to read this anyway...another rejection...

No more...

I am not going to subject myself to feeling heavily scrutinised when I read other comments that are often so flippant they are cruel..

Enough

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.