Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Worry Room - Get it out, and walk away: No responses please

The pain in my shoulder is excruciating, especially driving (even short distance).

There has been very little improvement after 3 Physio sessions, the Physio said.

She wants me to get a Dr’s Referral for MRI or CAT scans.

Physio did Acupuncture with needles today – the 1st time I’ve ever had that.

That relieved my pain for 30 minutes, then it came back again.

Adge

IMG_20180224_000439.png

There there @Adge - I'll go make you a hot cup of tea - gets me through the next half hour at times like this. xox

mouse mum resting.png

so sick of bring sick and being alone in the world and more alone and not knowing what to do with my life and didvi Say feeling sick? Got the cold back again, it never went, and Dr was surprised I still have a wheeze with stethescope, and preventers not doing their job, and this fever thing. And a huge bruisevon shoulder where car door slammed shut on me on a hill... 

Whinge whingewhinge

sometimes it helps

My neighbour sent me in an ambulance to A&E Hospital this morning, due my blanking out from the high level of pain (for hours), not sleeping virtually any night, for the past 8 days.

They sent me away with no treatment, none of the MRI or other soft tissue scans requested - & still in  severe pain.

We had to cancel the GP appointment for this morning – which was to request soft tissue scans. In order for me to go in ambulance, to hosp.

Now I will be sent a $900 Ambulance bill for no treatment, a waste of a trip & a waste of energy (I vomited from pain whilst in there).

I could not make any sense of anything that happened in A&E, or the purpose for being there  - everyone assumed that I fully understood what was said & done (not done)- even though I am exhausted from lack of sleep & pain.

I did not understand, it was totally bizarre.

Adge

That trip to hospital (was) due to this shoulder injury (severe pain, past 9 days or so).

I'm getting an ultrasound & possibly cortisone injections ASAP - tomorrow if possible.

I had to go back to GP & get a separate referral for that.

In the meantime, still constant agonising pain, which is making it impossible to sleep through any night - therefore exhaustion as well.

Adge

(((((((( @Adge ))))))))
I think you should post this on @Decs thread "life's a pain" lol
or start your own.
You need extra support with this Adge ,:)

Yes @Former-Member You are probably right.

I'm so tired from constant severe pain (about 9 days so far), & sleep deprivation from the pain.

That my exhausted befuddled brain can't work out where to write or post anything.

Actually I cannot type or write or speak much at all in this much pain (& sleep deprived) - which is why you've heard little or nothing from me, over the past week or so.

Adge

I have had ultrasound just a few hours ago.
It's still painful to drive home or anywhere.
Had cortisone injections for bursitis of shoulder.
No one knew I had bursitis of shoulder - it showed up in the ultrasound.

The cortisone injection is not a cure all.
I may need further injections in a month they said.
I would need a separate new referral from a GP to the ultrasound Dr every time.
Thanks heaps for believing in me.

I was starting to doubt myself so much - because the pain has been unbearable, & has rendered me unable to think or to express myself clearly (virtually at all).

Adge

Wherefore out thou

Oh beautiful world

Hatred and lies

Invisible woes

Another Christmas with just me and my daughter (son2 with father). That's okay I really don't mind. Truth is I couldn't stand to be around big groups of people all eating and drinking and talking small talk. People who I only see once a year or so and care little about and who care little about me. People who have little in common with me and who I have little in common with.

Better on the computer, reading a book, being with my daughter. Merry Christmas to all who can stand it. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.