Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

Hi sis @Sans911
Packings tiring you abit huh. Hugs xo
Was their something upsetting in todays group session?

How is Jasper going?

I dont really want to talk about me tonight if thats ok. I was getting tired till i just had a damn cockroach crawl on me. Broke my headphones in the process of that freak out. Will have to buy another set tomorrow.

Arrrgh, cockroaches! I would have freaked out too. Little shit!

I did get a little upset in the group, but I'll be OK. You're in a vulnerable space, and I don't want to add to that.

Jasper & Mr A aren't eating that much. They could be stressed with all the packing going on too. Jasper is very quiet and sleepy today. I thought he gained a little weight, but if he did its gone. I'm worried that by the time I get to the vet with him he might be worse, and that the vet will call me neglectful and irresponsible. But I just don't have the money right now to afford it.

Centrelink cut my rent relief too, so now I don't have enough to pay both rents. I have to talk to them tommorow.

My biggest thing that upsets me is money worries. I hate not having enough. My mum had to scrape by on so little money sometimes we didn't get enough to eat as a young baby. I have enough to eat atm, but not enough to pay bills.

Anyway, enough of my miserable self tonight @outlander. Gawd, as if you need me be to be like that when you have the things going on that you do.

@Sans911 you already know how i would respond to that post dont you?
You arent adding anything onto me. I would rather be listening and talking to you (good or bad stuff) then in my own head. Id rather you be talking to me then shutting down. Im not going to push u to talk about anything but you can come sit next to me and talk to me anytime you need.ANYTIME.

Animals can be affected by stress too so that could be contributing to it. Its uoset their routine so to speak and if it has been hot too thats another contributor.
You are by far neglecting them but I understand how you would be feeling.
Vets are so expensive, im not sure if you ring your vet and explain finances atm and see if they will allow you to make an account and pay things off slowly or even in a months time when things ease financially for you...
Money worries suck. We are in a similar position. I hope centrelink will sort things out on their end cause that really is the last thing you need.
With your landlord to your house your moving out of can you end your lease abit earlier so you dont have to pay 2 rents?

And just because im hurting doesnt mean you cant. It doesnt work like that you know. I want to be here for you

I've rung the vet I usually go to about part payments but they've had too many people bail on them so they no longer do it. My regular vet is a clinic just for cats, and although a bit more expensive, it's a great place. I had to take Jasper somewhere else two weeks ago, a regular vet, and there were dogs everywhere. It's the first time I ever heard Jasper growling. He wasn't happy one bit.

The only other option is like a credit card set up for vet services, called vet pay. But you have to pay something like 30% deposit on the first use, plus $50 per year. I don't have that either, and then you have to pay interest on top of. My foster sister paid the bill last time. However, he eally needs blood tests to find out if he has any deficiencies, and those cost hundreds of dollars. I'm so scared of losing him because I failed to act in time.

And I have tried to end the lease contract early, but it was refused. I only have one more payment to make anyway after today, and I think I'm owed a week back, so I might be able to use that money for Jasper then.

But in the next two weeks I have to pay money to my cousin to move me, buy him some beer as part payment, and possibly pay connection fees for gas & electricity connections. Never ends does it? This is not how I saw my life being at nearly 50 years old.

@outlander

Ive never heard of vet pay before but sounds like abit of a pain. Hmm shame about people bailing. Its those people who wreck it for everyone else and usually those who genuinely need that payment plan in place.
Its a shame animals cant have a system like medicare isnt it so they can access services without owners having to stress their heart out so much.
My fingers and toes are crossed that you will get your week back as i know itll be a big help for you. If this was a private rental is there a chance your bond will be returned?

When mums had to connect gas etc im pretty sure shes had that fee placed onto her bill so that she can pay it off with the rest of the usages so its not a straight up fee. Might be worth mentioning to them if they are asking you to pay the connection fee straight up.
And as your on centrelink i think im not 100% sure as im not on the same payments as you but you can get interest fee loans with them that comes straight out ao youll never be behind in it. Maybe a small loan would be beneficial if you can get it. You should find it in advance paymentd in the mygov account.

You will get back on track sis, its just very hard atm and a hurdle that needs to be crossed so you can be more stable again.
Big squishy hugs for you

@Sans911 ^^^

My bond goes back to my foster sister as she paid it. I just get the pet bond back which is nearly 300. It could take a week or so.

Yes re: no Medicare system for pets. Bit to sucky I reckon since pets are essentially family.
And I'm not eligible for the advance payment until March. You can only use it once a year.

I'm always checking my options and what might be available for me.

Mmm, I'm starting to drift lil Sis @outlander so I'm going to say goodnight and thanks for listening to my drivel. Big squishy hugs back at you. 💜 ❤️ 💙

Goodnight sis. Sleep well. Here for you anytime @Sans911 💜 💜 💜

@Sans911 @Snowie 💜 💙
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.