Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Butterfly Room- ED support

@tyme unfortunately unless their local, they don't have admitting rights, so kinda pointless. The system is stuffed. Thanks for the suggestion though

Hope you remember that too @Ausgirl …. Worthy of recovery 💕

@Ausgirl  Have you ever tried speaking to SANE counsellors? They are reachable 10am-10pm Monday to Friday on 1800 187 623.

All the best,

tyme

Hi everyone I have been trying to ignore the gradual worsening of my eating disorder issues but it is getting to a really bad point now and I can’t really ignore it anymore. Every little thing is triggering me even people just mentioning food is a trigger and I am really struggling this honestly feels like it will be the thing that ends me. 

Hey @Eden1919 , 

Sounds like you are in a really tough place at the moment. Maybe now is a time where you need to take things minute by minute, and to see every minute as a new opportunity to try again (as inspired by @Bow). Maybe there is something little you could do to be kind to yourself, either tonight, or tomorrow that will reinstill some confidence and put you back on track again...

Please also remember that if you are ever struggling with thoughts of hurting yourself, to get in touch with lifeline - 13 11 14.

@Eden1919  Am so sorry to hear 😞

(@Bow , see Eden1919's post above)

Hey @Eden1919  im real sorry to read that things are so difficult for you at the moment. ED recovery is really rough, sometimes it feels like your taking hundreds of steps backwards. It’s far from being linear. 

@anonymouse_  has already made a really good suggestion, just taking things minute by minute. If your unable to listen to and do what your healthy adult self needs right might, please don’t beat yourself up. It’s ok. You have next time to try again. And the time after that. It’s what I have been doing a lot lately. Just minute by minute. If I fall and listen to my ED, there is no beating myself up, I forgive myself and remind myself I have the next meal to try again. I don’t know what type of ED you have, and what this would exactly look like for you, but do you think it’s something you could give a go at? 

can you also reach out to your supports? It’s a scary place to be in when we feel like our ED is going to win. 

wishing you well @Eden1919 💕

thanks for the tag too @NatureLover 

Hugs @Eden1919 hope today is a better day for you 

take care xxxx

hi 👋 @NatureLover @Bow xxxx 

Hey @BlueBay  how are you doing today? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.