Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Suicidal AF

I'm suicidal AF. My doctor in hospital is not provinding any support or help. 
What can I do to improve my situation or help myself?

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Suicidal AF

@Former-Member 

Former-Member
Not applicable

I’m sorry. Is this really that offensive? Didn’t mean to annoy people.
I’m just really struggling.

Are you in hospital now @Former-Member ? Maybe talk to a nurse and let them know exactly how you are feeling.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yes in hospital.
They know. They don’t care as I’m just a bpd. I don’t count and I’m not worth care. I need to somehow help myself. I don’t know how.

Reaching out here is a good start - it says to me that you do want to help yourself and need support to do so @Former-Member 

Former-Member
Not applicable

How do I go on leave tomorrow and not hurt myself?

To be honest @Former-Member that is really up to you. Maybe find things to do that take your mind off your thoughts and if that is not possible then don't leave the hospital.

Former-Member
Not applicable

I think the thoughts seem more powerful than they are. They're only thoughts, we don't have to act on them 🤔 Find something to do that makes you feel the opposite, that makes you feel special... because you are 🏆 

nashy
Senior Contributor

Hey @Former-Member how are you travelling now? Have you been able to find a trustworthy practitioner to talk to? Keep us updated as to how you're going. Thoughts of self harm can be really overwhelming at times, you could chat to our SANE Help Centre on 1800 18 7263 weekdays to gain some strategies, or SCBS have both a phoneline and webchat Heart You're not alone @Former-Member 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.