Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

wordman
Senior Contributor

Positive reinforcement

The most important fact of life is an ability to look after oneself. This can entail many aspects of life. In my experience a true and wholistic approach is required. Maintaining normality, through gainful employment, excercise, hobbies, whatever is your bag is essential in achieving a lifestyle that enhances looking after oneself. It is a tough road experiencing mental health issues/problems. No matter what, looking after oneself provides functionality and maintains a sense of well being. Don't overlook the fact that anybody who experiences mental health issues deserves to nurture and nourish your spirit, body, and soul. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Positive reinforcement

Hey @wordman Very true and I think (correct me if I'm wrong) you mean to have a purpose.. I find supporting others gives me purpose but I also like learning all the time and I feel that I get that here. This community has so much to offer!

Thank you for being here 😊

Re: Positive reinforcement

Hey Paperdaisy. I am glad there are people like yourself who are willing to place others before themself by providing support and that your support of others gives you purpose. That is very reassuring and tells me that supporting others is fulfilling. I myself have ambitions to become a peer support worker. I feel my experiences can help others. You are right , since my diagnoses I have always maintained a sense of purpose. Keep on giving. It is an enriching experience to give and support. Look forward to more of your insights. 

Cheers Luigi

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.